Do not add un-sourced information.
|Animal Crossing: New Horizons|
|Fish • Bugs • Buried Creatures • Villagers • Crafting Materials • DIY Recipes • Call Islander • NookPhone • Nook Miles • Nook Inc. • Getaway Package • Special Characters • Furniture • Tools • Resident Services|
|Animal Crossing: New Horizons|
|Release date||March 20, 2020|
Animal Crossing: New Horizons (あつまれ どうぶつの
Compared to previous installments, New Horizons' aesthetics are even more realistic, with more human-proportioned characters and more realistic flora and weather patterns.
It was announced on September 13th, 2018, during a Nintendo Direct with a 2019 release date.
First gameplay was shown at the Nintendo E3 2019 Direct (June 11th, 2019) and it showcased the new story and game mechanics. A Nintendo Treehouse live stream followed later that day with more gameplay and additional features. 
More gameplay was shown at the Nintendo Direct (September 4th, 2019) and it showcased known gameplay in more depth and some new features. 
In Nintendo's E3 Presentation we were shown that the NookPhone can be used to Call Islanders, look up DIY recipes, collect Nook Miles and to take photos. It has been confirmed that the NookPhone will have more apps than what was originally shown off in the direct. 
The story starts with the player living on a deserted island where they can craft furniture and items, gather supplies found across the island, and slowly upgrade the island making it their own little paradise. It's part of Tom Nook's Nook Inc. Getaway Package. Alongside being able to use Tom Nook's crafting bench, the player can also create their own DIY Recipes using their NookPhone. Islanders will be able to teach the player new DIY Recipes. 
Nook Miles are a form of currency that the player can earn by completing tasks around the town. They can be used to buy special items like a Nook Inc. uniform, DIY Recipes, alongside other services and products. 
The game will have multiplayer capabilities with up to 7 other local or online players. It will also offer a single-console local co-op play, where up to 3 other island residents can join the game using the NookPhone's "Call Islander " option. 
You will presumably be able to buy or/and craft new phone cases, as seen in the September 4th 2019 Nintendo direct with different colored phones.
One major feature added to the game allows the player to place furniture items both indoors and outdoors. When eating food such as apples, you gain energy, which gives you the ability to uproot whole Trees, which can be planted elsewhere. Players will also be able to use the Workbench to craft furniture from materials gathered on the island. Custom roads will also be added in this incarnation of the series using clay that can be retrieved from rocks that are paved onto the ground.
It has been confirmed by Nintendo that there will not be any new personality types in New Horizons. 
Clothing will be more characterized with many more realistic types of clothes including sweatshirts around the waist, backpacks, and phone cases.
- On Tom Nook's desk is a Nintendo Switch in Handheld mode.
- Alongside the initial announcement of the game, Isabelle was revealed as a playable character in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate with moves based on Animal Crossing actions.
- In the teaser trailer, Tom Nook is sitting at his desk in Nook's Homes as it appears in Happy Home Designer. But in the game trailer, he is wearing a different shirt, and he is in a tent, along with one of the Nooklings.
- This is the first game in the Animal Crossing series to have the same international release date.
- ↑ Video: Animal Crossing: New Horizons - Nintendo Switch Trailer - Nintendo E3 2019; 11.06.2019
- ↑ https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1040369834083573761?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1040369834083573761&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fanimalcrossingworld.com%2F2018%2F09%2Fa-new-mainline-animal-crossing-game-is-coming-to-nintendo-switch-in-2019%2F
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEh3MPy4GAU
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/06/13/how-tom-nook-uses-his-money-and-14-more-details-about-animal-crossing-new-horizons-e3-2019