Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp (どうぶつの森 ポケットキャンプ Dōbutsu no Mori Poketto Kyanpu?, Animal Forest Pocket Camp) is a free-to-play mobile app developed by Nintendo. It was originally announced in April 2016, and was released worldwide on November 22, 2017 (except in some regions). A persistent internet connection is required to play.
- 1 Pre-release
- 2 Features
- 2.1 Campsite customization
- 2.2 Camper customization
- 2.3 Player customization
- 2.4 Crafting
- 2.5 Crafting materials
- 2.6 Amenities
- 2.7 Buildings and locations
- 2.8 Friendship Level
- 2.9 Fruit
- 2.10 Local-Produce Fruit
- 2.11 Perfect Fruit
- 2.12 Generic treats
- 2.13 Themed snacks
- 2.14 Friends
- 2.15 Leaf Tickets
- 2.16 Throw Net
- 2.17 Honey
- 2.18 Collectables
- 2.19 Goals
- 3 Events
- 3.1 Holiday Event 2017
- 3.2 Host the Most
- 3.3 Rover's Garden Safari
- 3.4 Winter Sports Event
- 3.5 Lottie's Gothic Rose Festival
- 3.6 Leif's Spring Flower Event
- 3.7 Fishing Tourney 1
- 3.8 Zipper's Wonderland Event
- 3.9 Super Mario Crossover Event
- 3.10 Gyroidite Scavenger Hunt 1
- 3.11 Fruit Party with Katie
- 3.12 Fishing Tourney 2
- 3.13 Digby's Artful Retreat
- 3.14 Gyroidite Scavenger Hunt 2
- 3.15 Fishing Tourney 3
- 3.16 Bloomin' Booty with Kapp'n
- 3.17 Star Festival Wishes
- 3.18 Gyroidite Scavenger Hunt 3
- 3.19 Fishing Tourney 4
- 3.20 Redd's Summer Festival
- 3.21 Toad's Hat
- 3.22 Fishing Tourney 5
- 3.23 Gyroidite Scavenger Hunt 4
- 3.24 Brewster's Sweet Harvest
- 3.25 Scavenger Hunt (Blitz Clam)
- 3.26 Fishing Tourney 6 (Splatoon)
- 3.27 Jack's Halloween Hunt
- 3.28 Scavenger Hunt (Poké Ball)
- 3.29 Fishing Tourney 7 (Candied Catches)
- 3.30 Isabelle's Party-Prep Project
- 3.31 Gyroidite Scavenger Hunt 5
- 3.32 Fishing Tourney 8
- 3.33 Jingle's Holly Jolly Roundup
- 3.34 Gyroidite Scavenger Hunt 6
- 3.35 Fishing Tourney 9
- 3.36 Tortimer's Floral Fancy
- 3.37 Gyroidite Scavenger Hunt 7
- 3.38 Fishing Tourney 10
- 3.39 Pelly's Flight of Passion
- 3.40 Gyroidite Scavenger Hunt 8 (Valentine's Jam Session)
- 3.41 Fishing Tourney 11
- 3.42 Viva Festivale with Pavé
- 3.43 Fishing Tourney 12
- 3.44 Gyroidite Scavenger Hunt 9 (Party Balloons)
- 3.45 Katie's Time Out
- 3.46 Bunny Day Egg Hunt
- 3.47 Fishing Tourney 13 (Schoolroom)
- 3.48 Idle Beats with DJ KK
- 3.49 Gyroidite Scavenger Hunt 10 (Gyroidite Collection)
- 3.50 Fishing Tourney 14 (Monochromatic Cat)
- 3.51 Gracie's Haute Hello
- 3.52 Gyroidite Scavenger Hunt 11 (Bubble Bonanza)
- 3.53 Fishing Tourney 15 (Aquarium)
- 3.54 Pascal's Crunchy Munchies
- 3.55 Gyroidite Scavenger Hunt 12 (Sanrio Characters Collection)
- 3.56 Fishing Tourney 16 (Poolside)
- 3.57 Isabelle's Garden Gathering
- 3.58 Fishing Tourney 17 (Fireworks)
- 3.59 Gyroidite Scavenger Hunt 13 (Choco-Mint)
- 3.60 City Slickin' with Kicks
- 3.61 Fishing Tourney 18 (Dance)
- 3.62 Truffle Scavenger Hunt
- 3.63 Jack's Ghoulish Gala
- 3.64 Fishing Tourney 19 (Pumpkins)
- 3.65 Halloween Candy Hunt
- 3.66 Isabelle's Double Dazzle
- 3.67 Fishing Tourney 20 (Blue Jazz)
- 3.68 Gyroidite Scavenger Hunt 14 (All-Natural)
- 3.69 Jingle's Frosted Forest
- 3.70 Fishing Tourney 21 (Starry)
- 3.71 Gyroidite Scavenger Hunt 15 (Countdown Blowout)
- 3.72 Isabelle's Tranquil Tearoom
- 3.73 Fishing Tourney 22 (Knitted)
- 3.74 Gyroidite Scavenger Hunt 16 (Snow Globe)
- 3.75 Reese's Sweet Nothings
- 3.76 Fishing Tourney 23 (Honey)
- 3.77 Gyroidite Scavenger Hunt 17 (Cinnamon-Plaid Room)
- 3.78 Leif's Happy Tulips
- 3.79 Fishing Tourney 24 (Island Excursion)
- 3.80 Gyroidite Scavenger Hunt 18 (Thrifty Chic)
- 3.81 Katie's Sakura Festival
- 3.82 Fishing Tourney 25 (Bunny Day)
- 3.83 Gyroidite Scavenger Hunt 19 (Pretty Pastels)
- 4 Springtime Scenery Break
- 5 Wedding Bell Bliss
- 6 Gulliver's Seaside Stay
- 7 Bamboo Bonanza
- 8 Deciduous Delights
- 9 Jack’s Confection Collection
- 10 Updates
- 11 Gallery
- 12 References
The mobile app was originally announced in a press release on April 27th, 2016. Nintendo stated, "...it will be connected with the world of Animal Crossing for dedicated gaming systems. By playing both Animal Crossing games, users will find increased enjoyment."
In September 2016, it had a planned release of early 2017, but was delayed due to the team focusing on creating the Android version of Super Mario Run.
On June 23rd, 2017, Nintendo reconfirmed that the app would be released before the end of the year.
On October 23rd, 2017, Nintendo announced via the official Animal Crossing Twitter account that a Nintendo Direct would be live streamed the next day on October 24th at 8pmPT/11pmET, detailing further information about the mobile app and stated, "There will be no updates on any other topics including other mobile, Nintendo Switch or Nintendo 3DS software."
On October 24th, 2017, Nintendo revealed Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp during the Animal Crossing Mobile Direct live stream on the Nintendo Mobile YouTube channel.
The game's official website allowed players to preregister for the game using their Google Play and Nintendo account. Shortly after the Direct, the game went live on the Australian Play Store on Android devices.
When the player starts the game, they are asked by Isabelle to choose between 4 different types of campsite: natural (Goldie), cute (Rosie), sporty (Jay), or cool (Apollo). Several other themes, such as rustic, hip, harmonious, elegant, modern, historical, and civic are present and were given their own obtainable villagers post-release.
The campsite can be customized with furniture and amenities. Furniture can be made by gathering crafting materials, which are used in craft orders for Cyrus, which the player has to wait for to be completed. Craft orders can be started without materials and sped up by using Leaf Tickets. Non-craftable furniture can be bought at Nookling Global and during limited-time events. The customizable area for furniture in the campsite is 7x13 tiles. The player can also make amenities for villagers to use, which there can be a maximum of 2 per campsite.
The camper's interior can be decorated by the player with furniture, wallpaper, and flooring, and a second-floor loft can also be added. Additionally, the player is able to extend the space inside each floor of the camper through upgrades. The exterior can be customized at OK Motors, where the player can choose between different patterns and colors.
The player can customize their character by changing their gender, skin color, hair style, hair color, facial features, eye color, clothes, and accessories. All features can be re-customized at any time.
Furniture can be made by placing a craft order. The player can use Leaf Tickets to start an order even if they don't have all of the materials required, as well as speed up the time it takes for an order to be completed.
- Civic essence
- Cool essence
- Cute essence
- Elegant essence
- Event items (ex: gyroidite, Super Mario Crossover crafting materials)
- Friend powder
- Harmonious essence
- Hip essence
- Historical essence
- Modern essence
- Natural essence
- Rustic essence
- Sparkle stones
- Sporty essence
Buildings and locations
- The Camper is used to travel around to different locations around the map. The interior and exterior of it can be customized.
- Breezy Hollow is a forest with fruits to collect.
- Sunburst Island is an island with coconuts and bugs to catch.
- Saltwater Shores is a beach with seashells and saltwater fish to catch.
- Market Place is a shopping area that has Nookling Global, Able Sisters To Go, and Kicks. Each shop has 3 items for sale, which change every 6 hours.
- Nookling Global is owned by Timmy and Tommy, where they sell some items that can't be crafted.
- Able Sisters To Go is owned by Mabel and Sable, with help from Labelle, where they sell clothes and accessories.
- Kicks is owned by Kicks, who sells socks, boots, and shoes.
- OK Motors is owned by Giovanni, Beppe, and Carlo, where they customize the player's camper.
- Shovelstrike Quarry is an area that can be entered by paying Leaf Tickets, or receiving invites from friends to mine minerals.
- Lost Lure Creek is a river area with a waterfall. You can catch freshwater fish and collect fruit there.
- Happy Homeroom is a place where you can design villagers' rooms.
In the game, the player can chat with animal friends or fulfill requests to raise the friendship level with that villager. The animal will come and visit the player's campsite when their minimum required friendship level is reached, their required furniture is placed at the player's campsite, and the player calls them via the phone to invite them.
The player also has a level. This is raised by leveling up villagers. Each time a villager's friendship level is increased, a heart is added to the player level progress. For each new level, the player will receive rewards that include unlocking more furniture or animals who may visit, as well as 1000 Bells and 10 Leaf Tickets. On levels that are multiples of 5, the player receives an additional item, which may be a calling card, and/or a request card, and/or an additional market box slot.
|Player level||Hearts needed for next level|
Answers during the tutorial will determine the starting villager.
- Breezy Hollow and Lost Lure Creek. Unfortunately, there is no possibility of growing these non-local fruits. Therefore, they must be bought from other players' or friends market boxes. Fruits that are non-local have higher prices and appeal to animals too. In the 2.1.0 update, local-produce fruits are similar to native fruit in the main series. Players are randomly assigned one of the three fruits (lemons, grapes, or lychees) which grows on only one specific tree in
Every time a fruit regrows it has a 2.38% chance of being perfect, with the exception of coconuts. Each perfect fruit sells for 600 . Aside from the 5 non-local fruits that are perfect, 3 new types have been added. These include lychees, grapes and lemons.
- Generic treats reward the same amount of Friendship Points. They come in bronze, silver and gold variations, with gold being the high-quality snack and bronze being the low-quality snack.
Animals will react to themed snacks differently. If the theme of the snack matches the animal's, it will give a higher amount of Friendship Points. Giving the themed snacks to villagers that do not have a theme match will yield in less Friendship Points than if given generic snacks. Themed snacks come in three variants for each theme - plain, tasty and gourmet. Plain snacks are low-quality and gourmet snacks are high-quality.
Other campsite managers' avatars and campers will randomly appear, and the player is also able to meet other campsite managers by sharing their ID with other players. When encountering another player in the game, or after receiving their ID, you can view their Market Box, their campsite, give kudos, or become friends to be able to visit their campsite at any time.
Leaf Tickets are a currency which are earned by completing tasks and can be won through normal play or can be purchased with real-world money, and can be used in various ways in the game. Leaf Tickets purchased on one operating system cannot be used on another. For example, Leaf Tickets bought on Android cannot be used on iOS. During gardening events and fishing tourneys, Leaf Tickets can be purchased in a bundle with other themed items. Fertilizer and Leaf Tickets during a gardening event, and throw nets and Leaf Tickets during a fishing tourney.
|Price (USD)||Leaf Tickets||Price per 5 tickets||Price per ticket (approximate)|
|$7.99||200||19.98¢||4.00¢ (costs more per ticket than $3.99 option)|
They can be used and exchanged for:
- Throw net (for fish)
- Honey (for bugs)
- Fertilizer (for growing fruit trees)
- Entrance to Shovelstrike Quarry (for ores)
- Placing craft orders when the player doesn't have all the required materials
- Speeding up craft orders
- Crafting special items that are available for a limited time
- Purchasing special exterior customizations at OK Motors
- Purchasing fortune cookies
- Purchasing campsite terrains
Throw nets are used on the dock at Saltwater Shores and Lost Lure Creek to catch multiple fish and shells or at Sunburst Island to catch multiple bugs. They can be bought with Leaf Tickets or earned during play.
- Animal Crossing series, and all of the fish included have existed in previous entries. Pocket Camp introduces a new fishing item called the throw net, for which a river and ocean version exist. It is used to capture multiple fish at the same time. The number of fish in Pocket Camp is fewer than most other entries in the
- Animal Crossing series, and all of the bugs included have existed in previous entries. Pocket Camp adds a new item to help bug catching, called honey. It can be poured into a tree trunk to attract several bugs at once. The number of bugs in Pocket Camp is fewer than most other entries in the
- Goals are a new addition to the Animal Crossing series, and are specific tasks for the player to complete. They are accessed by tapping the Isabelle icon to the right side of the screen. They are divided into Timed Goals (time-sensitive goals which reset every 24 hours, or within a special event) and Stretch Goals (no time limit, to be completed at the player's leisure).
During certain periods of time, there have been events which offer things such as special items or clothing.
Gardening events are listed here.
Holiday Event 2017
From 11/30/2017 - 12/25/2017
If the player fulfill requests for animals, you can get candy canes. These candy canes can be used to craft special holiday furniture.
If the player completes timed goals they can unlock special holiday clothing, candy canes, and leaf tickets.
Host the Most
From 12/5/2017 - 12/10/2017; 1/7/2018 - 1/30/2018
When the player fulfills animal requests, friendship points are gained at a quicker rate. Four new animals were added along with the update and several furniture sets.
Rover's Garden Safari
Part 1: From 1/11/2018 - 1/22/2018; Part 2: From 1/17/2018 - 1/22/2018
Rover visits the campsite and the player has to grow red, blue, and white dahlias in their garden in order to catch butterflies that can be exchanged for furniture and other bonuses.
Winter Sports Event
From 1/22/2018 - 1/31/2018
If the player fulfill requests for animals, they can get Snowflakes. These snowflakes can be used to craft special winter sports-themed furniture, clothing, and a snow park amenity.
Lottie's Gothic Rose Festival
Part 1: From 2/1/2018 - 2/10/2018; Part 2: From 2/6/2018 - 2/10/2018
Lottie visits the campsite and the player has to grow purple, red, and blue roses in their garden in order to catch bats that can be exchanged for furniture and other bonuses.
Leif's Spring Flower Event
Part 1: From 2/27/2018 - 3/9/2018; Part 2: From 3/4/2018 - 3/9/2018
Leif visits the campsite and the player has to grow flowers in their garden in order to catch ladybugs that can be exchanged for furniture and other bonuses.
Fishing Tourney 1
From 3/15/2018 - 3/20/2018
Zipper's Wonderland Event
Part 1: From 3/30/2018 - 4/9/2018; Part 2: From 4/4/2018 - 4/9/2018
Zipper visits the campsite and the player has to grow flowers in their garden in order to catch scramblers that can be exchanged for furniture and other bonuses.
Super Mario Crossover Event
From 3/31/2018 - 4/10/2018
Gyroidite Scavenger Hunt 1
From 4/26/2018 - 5/10/2018
Fruit Party with Katie
Part 1: From 5/4/2018 - 5/14/2018; Part 2: From 5/9/2018 - 5/14/2018
Fishing Tourney 2
From 5/19/2018 - 5/24/2018
Digby's Artful Retreat
Part 1: From 5/31/2018 - 6/10/2018; Part 2: From 6/5/2018 - 6/10/2018
Gyroidite Scavenger Hunt 2
From 6/19/2018 - 6/30/2018
Fishing Tourney 3
From 6/29/2018 - 7/4/2018
Bloomin' Booty with Kapp'n
Part 1: From 7/6/2018 - 7/16/2018; Part 2: From 7/11/2018 - 7/16/2018
Star Festival Wishes
Item Available 7/7/2018 - 8/7/2018
To celebrate the Star Festival in Japan, the player receives the furniture item bamboo grass in their mailbox.
Gyroidite Scavenger Hunt 3
Fishing Tourney 4
Redd's Summer Festival
Part 1: From 8/3/2018 - 8/8/2018; Part 2: From 8/8/2018 - 8/13/2018
Item Available 8/10/2018 - 9/10/2018
To celebrate a favorite Nintendo character, the player receives the clothing item toad's hat in their mailbox.
Fishing Tourney 5
From 8/14/2018 - 8/20/2018
Gyroidite Scavenger Hunt 4
Brewster's Sweet Harvest
Scavenger Hunt (Blitz Clam)
Fishing Tourney 6 (Splatoon)
Jack's Halloween Hunt
Scavenger Hunt (Poké Ball)
Fishing Tourney 7 (Candied Catches)
Isabelle's Party-Prep Project
Gyroidite Scavenger Hunt 5
Fishing Tourney 8
Jingle's Holly Jolly Roundup
Gyroidite Scavenger Hunt 6
Fishing Tourney 9
Tortimer's Floral Fancy
Gyroidite Scavenger Hunt 7
Fishing Tourney 10
Pelly's Flight of Passion
Gyroidite Scavenger Hunt 8 (Valentine's Jam Session)
Fishing Tourney 11
Viva Festivale with Pavé
Fishing Tourney 12
From 3/14/2019 - 3/22/2019
Chip visits Saltwater Shores and the player has to catch fish and turn them in for prizes. As it occurs around the same time as Mario Day, the fish introduced are the: Cheep Cheep, Eep Cheep, Cheep Chomp, and Blooper.
Gyroidite Scavenger Hunt 9 (Party Balloons)
Katie's Time Out
Bunny Day Egg Hunt
Fishing Tourney 13 (Schoolroom)
Idle Beats with DJ KK
Gyroidite Scavenger Hunt 10 (Gyroidite Collection)
Fishing Tourney 14 (Monochromatic Cat)
Gracie's Haute Hello
Gyroidite Scavenger Hunt 11 (Bubble Bonanza)
Fishing Tourney 15 (Aquarium)
Pascal's Crunchy Munchies
Gyroidite Scavenger Hunt 12 (Sanrio Characters Collection)
Fishing Tourney 16 (Poolside)
Isabelle's Garden Gathering
Fishing Tourney 17 (Fireworks)
Gyroidite Scavenger Hunt 13 (Choco-Mint)
City Slickin' with Kicks
Fishing Tourney 18 (Dance)
Truffle Scavenger Hunt
Jack's Ghoulish Gala
Fishing Tourney 19 (Pumpkins)
Halloween Candy Hunt
Isabelle's Double Dazzle
Fishing Tourney 20 (Blue Jazz)
Gyroidite Scavenger Hunt 14 (All-Natural)
Jingle's Frosted Forest
Fishing Tourney 21 (Starry)
Gyroidite Scavenger Hunt 15 (Countdown Blowout)
Isabelle's Tranquil Tearoom
Fishing Tourney 22 (Knitted)
Gyroidite Scavenger Hunt 16 (Snow Globe)
Reese's Sweet Nothings
Fishing Tourney 23 (Honey)
Gyroidite Scavenger Hunt 17 (Cinnamon-Plaid Room)
Leif's Happy Tulips
Fishing Tourney 24 (Island Excursion)
Gyroidite Scavenger Hunt 18 (Thrifty Chic)
Katie's Sakura Festival
Fishing Tourney 25 (Bunny Day)
Gyroidite Scavenger Hunt 19 (Pretty Pastels)
Springtime Scenery Break
For this seasonal event the player must collect dewdrop leaves in order to receive spring themed items.
Daisy Mae’s Pickin’ Patch
The player has to grow farmer’s seeds in part 1 & 2 and catch seedwings to receive dewdrop leaves and other spring related rewards.
Fishing Tourney (Terrarium)
Players must catch betta, gourami, and crystal-red shrimp in order to earn terrarium-themed items.
Misty Scavenger Hunt
The player must collect enough misty gyroidite in order to craft rainy themed items for a limited time.
Wedding Bell Bliss
For this seasonal event the player must collect wedding-bell ornament in order to receive wedding themed items.
Lottie’s Wedding Expo
From 5/31/2020 - 6/11/2020
The player has to grow bloomtonnieres seeds in part 1 and 2 and catch ringwings to receive wedding bell ornament and other wedding related rewards.
Fishing Tourney (Wedding)
From 6/13/2020 - 6/20/2020
Chip visits Lost Lure Creek and the player has to to catch fish and turn them in for prizes. The prizes are given based on the total length of the fish caught. There are three different event exclusive types of fish, which are the White Tuxedo Gruppy (small), White Angelfish (medium), and White Butterfly Koi (large). A trophy is given at the end of the event, which can be bronze, silver, or gold depending on the total length of the fish.
Harmony Scavenger Hunt
From 6/22/2020 - 6/29/2020
The player has to collect bepop gyroidite, which are placed in many locations and also available in Shovelstrike Quarry. These can then be used to craft event exclusive musical notes.
Gulliver's Seaside Stay
6/30/20 - 7/29/20
For this seasonal event the player must collect mariner's anchors in order to receive nautical inspired items.
Gulliver's Port Resort Event
From 6/30/30 - 7/10/20
The player has to participate in part 1 and 2 of the garden event. The player must collect dallycrabs in order to obtain special rewards.
Fishing Tourney (Pirate Life)
7/12/20 - 7/20/20
For this fishing tourney players will catch fish that coincide with the pirate theme.
Cool Scoop Scavenger Hunt
From 7/22/20 - 7/29/20
The player must collect enough cool scoops gyrodite in order to craft ice cream shop items for a limited time.
From 7/29/20- 8/29/20
Players must collect stardust fans from the garden event, fishing tourney and gyroidite scavenger hunt.
Isabelle's Creek Cooldown
Players must collect creek fireflies by growing purple starflowers, as part of the Summer Block Party update.
Fishing Tourney (Goldfish)
Players must catch all types of goldfish in order to earn goldfish-themed items.
Haunted Scavenger Hunt
The player must collect enough haunted gyrodite in order to craft haunted items for a limited time.
Players must collect fall ginkgo leaves from the garden event, fishing tourney and acorn scavenger hunt.
Celeste's Ginkgo Café
Players must collect ginkgo maidens by growing mini ginkgo seeds to earn seasonal rewards.
Fishing Tourney (Gallery)
Players must catch all types of gallery-fish in order to earn painting-themed items.
The player must collect enough acorns in order to craft autumn themed items for a limited time.
Jack’s Confection Collection
Players must collect batty swirl lollipops from the garden event, fishing tourney and gyroidite scavenger hunt.
Jack’s Creepy Conjuring
Players must collect magic hatbats by growing presto pumpkins to earn seasonal rewards.
Fishing Tourney (Potion)
Players must catch all types of flagonfish in order to earn potion-themed items.
Fright-Night Scavenger Hunt
The player must collect enough fright-night gyroidite in order to craft Halloween themed items for a limited time.