Here you will find a variety of different tasks you can do here on the Animal Crossing Wiki. These tasks utilize the special pages system of Wikia.
Some tasks may require more skill than usual, so be advised and extra careful when editing pages you are unfamiliar with. If you think there is a problem with a page, be sure to mark it with one of the relevant page markers to draw attention to it.
- Project Pocket Camp
- Uploading and organizing textures from Pocket Camp
- Adding pages for Pocket Camp items and mechanics
- Listing furniture crafting from Pocket Camp
- Designing Pocket Camp homepage for official release date
- Project Furniture Pages
The furniture pages are one of the most neglected and in need of updating, most dont even have the right sprites, lack information on their refurbishment, and the tables generally look old and untidy.
- Implement new furniture table (as seen here here) to all of the furniture pages, http://animalcrossing.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Furniture
- Add refurbished sprites to the bottom of each page, the refurbished sprites can be found on these pages https://animalcrossingwiki.de/acnl/katalog/einrichtung
- Add sprites from older games in the tables (the sprites are already pre-uploaded on the wiki)
- Project Welcome Amiibo Furniture
- List of Happy Home Designer furniture icons for Welcome amiibo card templates that need to be uploaded:
|Arched brick floor|
|Basic display stand|
|Basic teacher's desk|
|Beauty salon cart|
|Cup of tea|
|Fancy display case|
|Fancy tea set|
|Fancy tile floor|
|Flower display case|
|Ice cream display|
|Iron garden chair|
|Iron garden table|
|Modern cash register|
|Natural wood floor|
|Pile of cash|
|Pink wood floor|
|Plastic file box|
|Red cash register|
|Rolling file cart|
|Salon mirror stand|
|Sandy beach floor|
|Stack of books|
|Table with cloth|
|Tall garden rock|
|Tin watering can|
|White office desk|
|Wooden display stand|
|Zen low table|
|Zen phone stand|
|Zen tea set|
- Project Infoboxes
Infoboxes are cluttered and take too much space, especially on mobile.
- Add "In other languages" sections to all fish, bug, villagers/npc, and building pages.
- Move guides information from villager pages into a table similiar to that of https://nookipedia.com/wiki/Template:Villager_Info
- General To-do
- People tend to add a lot of random species that aren't technically recognized by the game (species of a villager is used in Halloween alongside personalities to determine what an animal is afraid of, for example). Since nobody has checked the code of the game, the next best thing that indicates a villager's species is this list: http://animal-crossing.com/assets/data/birthdays.json. To-do: Verify all species on the wiki are correct and match the ones in that list and remove fake additional species.
- Simple Tasks
These tasks are for editors who are new to editing. Before you begin any of these tasks, be sure to read Help:Getting started
- Dead-end Pages - These pages are not linked to.
- Lonely Pages - These pages do not link to other pages.
- Unused Files - These are uploaded files that are unused.
- Stub Articles - These are pages that are short and incomplete.
- Old Pages - These are pages that have not been edited recently and may be out of date.
- Fewest Revisions - These are pages with too few revisions, and may be out of date.
- Broken Redirects - These are pages being redirected to non-existent or the wrong pages.
- Double Redirects - These are pages redirecting to other redirect pages.
- Categorizing Tasks
These tasks are reasonably simple, but require knowledge on how to edit and add categories to pages and media on the Wiki. These sorts of tasks require knowledge on the type of categories that are used on the Wiki.
- Uncategorized categories
- Uncategorized Images
- Uncategorized Pages
- Uncategorized Templates
- Wanted Categories
- Time Consuming Tasks
These are tasks which may require some time to do. Good editing and wikicode knowledge are necessary.
- Cleanup Articles - These articles have been marked as articles requiring a clean up.
- Wanted Pages - These are pages which are linked to, but do not exist.
- Short Pages - These are pages which are short in length. They may need more information or Deleting
- Long Pages - These are pages which are long in length. They may need splitting up or repeated information removed.
- Special Pages - This page contains a full list of special pages.