Autumn (also known as Fall) starts on the 1st of September, and ends on the 30th of November in the Animal Crossing series. During Autumn, the trees begin to change color to an orange-brown, and the color of the grass becomes duller. In addition, insects and some rarer fish begin to disappear, making it one of the quiet seasons in the series, rivaled only by Winter.
Below is a list of events found in Autumn. It contains what happens in each event, what game the event happens in, and when the event happens.
- Sports fair (23rd September to 24th September Animal Crossing)- Players and villagers compete against each other in for different events - Aerobics, Foot Race, Ball Toss and Tug-o-War.
- Acorn Festival (6th October to 13th October Wild World)- Cornimer will be outside Town Hall, exchanging Mushroom furniture for acorns.
- Halloween (31th October Animal Crossing, City Folk, New Horizons)- Jack will appear between 6:00 PM and 1:00 AM. During this time, players can play trick or treat or earn Spooky Furniture by offering candy to Jack.
- Harvest Festival (Fourth Thursday of November City Folk)- Franklin the Turkey will be hiding somewhere in town. Mayor Tortimer sets up some tables and food outside of the Town Hall to celebrate.
- Fishing Tourney (Third Saturday of September, October (New Horizons only), and November, City Folk)- Chip, the fishing expert, will set up a stall outside Town Hall, challenging the player to catch a certain type of fish or the best type of fish. The winner will receive a trophy.
- Flea Market (Fourth Sunday of September, October and November, City Folk)- Players and villagers have the opportunity to sell items inside their homes.
- More events will be added as they happen.*
- Chip - A beaver who holds the Fishing Tourney.
- Cornimer - Appears during the Acorn Festival.
- Franklin - Appears during the Harvest Festival.
- Jack - Appears during Halloween
- Tortimer - The Mayor of the player's town. He hosts some events.
The weather in Autumn consists of a mixture of clear, sunny days, and little rain. Snow will begin to fall from the sky towards the end of November, but won't begin to settle until early December, when winter officially starts.
In September, trees will begin to lose their bright green color by turning a dull, musky green. In October, the trees will then turn a bright orange/brown color. Grass follows the same pattern as trees, by turning a dull green color in September, then a pink/orange in October, and even a shade of dull purple/gray as the months progress. Weeds also start to lose their color, and dandelions will cease to exist until next Summer and/or Spring. The trees will often gradually change color than rather it being an instant process.
- Unlike other trees, coconut palm trees remain green, and will remain green for the rest of the year.
- The Cedar Tree will also remain green, as it is an evergreen.
- The Giant Petaltail will start to appear at the right time of day.
- On September 8th, the leaves and grass become a greenish-yellow color. The palm trees and pine trees will become an olive sort of color.
- On September 16th, the leaves and grass will become more yellowish.
- On October 17th, the leaves and fruit trees become yellow, and the regular trees become a yellowish-green. Isabelle also starts to wear her winter coat, and the sound the grass makes changes into a different sound. The plaza tree starts to lose leaves.
- On October 25th, the regular trees become yellow.
- On November 2nd, after Halloween, fruit trees and grass become light orange, but regular trees stay the same color. The plaza tree will lose some of its leaves.
- On November 10th, the fruit trees will become a darker orange, then the regular trees will become a light orange. This time the grass stays the same color. The plaza tree also loses some of its leaves.
- On November 18th, the fruit trees and grass become red, and the regular trees become a darker orange. The plaza tree doesn't lose any leaves.
- On November 26th, all trees and grass will become brown, and the plaza tree will lose all of its leaves.
- On December 9th, residents will receive a blizzard warning on the billboard.
- On December 10th, the big blizzard will hit your town.
- On December 11th, all trees and grass will be covered with snow, and will remain that way until February 25th. Snowballs also start appearing, which you can create snowmen with and also find dung beetles.
In other languages