“This is really janglin' up my nerves... Tickin' me off somethin' fierce, too!”
― Boyd, New Horizons
Boyd (ボイド, Boido?) is a cranky gorilla villager from the Animal Crossing series, originally exclusive to Animal Forest e+ through his e-Card.
He has the fitness hobby.
Boyd is a brown gorilla with beige skin and a black nose with nostrils with shaggy fur; the lighter covering the majority of his body, with the darker brown fur covering his cuffs, belly and ankles. He also has beige hands and feet. On his face, he has thick tan lips and orange tints on both sides of his cheeks, and his eyes are small and black. He initially wears the Good-fortune Clothes, which was changed to the Three-ball Tee in New Horizons. He adopts a seemingly irritated or angry pose, thanks to his furrowed brow, stereo typically associated with villagers of the cranky personality, like him.
|Below is a brief description of the cranky personality. For more information, click here.|
Cranky villagers will usually appear in a grouchy or agitated mood. When talking to the player, cranky villagers tend to become angry if the player disagrees with them or refuses to do a favor. Like all cranky villagers, Boyd will be invested in his hobby and will often challenge the player to various competitions. He will easily get along with jock, snooty and other cranky villagers, and occasionally lazy and normal villagers as well. However, he will find it hard to socialize with peppy villagers, as they will seem overstimulated or immature.
Boyd's house has the same furniture styling as Freya's house, but he has changed the flooring to the Exquisite Rug and the wallpaper to the Library Wallpaper and has a high-end stereo that plays K.K. Jazz.
|Animal Forest e+ (interior)||New Leaf (interior)|
|New Horizons (interior)||New Horizons (exterior)|
Boyd was added to Pocket Camp in the February 26, 2021 update.
Boyd's preferred theme is sporty, and he primarily gives steel as a reward. His profile reads:
- ❝ Give a gorilla a forklift, and he’ll lift all the forks! Boyd may be a bit rough around the edges, but he’s a good guy to know when you’re moving.❞
Campsite Invitation Requirements
Friendship Level: 0
- At level 7 friendship, he will reward the player with a good-fortune clothes and sparkle stones (x1).
- At level 9, he will reward the player with sparkle stones (x1).
- At level 15, he will request that the player craft a manhole cover.
- At level 20, he will reward the player with a pic of Boyd and sparkle stones (x1).
- At level 25, he will reward the player with sparkle stones (x1).
- At level 30, he will reward the player with sparkle stones (x1).
- At level 35, he will reward the player with sparkle stones (x1).
- At level 40, he will reward the player with sparkle stones (x1).
- At level 45, he will reward the player with sparkle stones (x1).
- At level 50, he will reward the player with sparkle stones (x1).
- At level 55, he will reward the player with sparkle stones (x1).
- At level 60, he will reward the player with sparkle stones (x1).
|Welcome amiibo Card|
- As sometimes mentioned on April Fool's Day in New Leaf, Boyd is the second of five siblings.
- As sometimes mentioned on Halloween in New Horizons, Boyd is scared of the monster mask.
- Boyd shares his birthday with Raymond. Both of them have a birthday on October 1st.
In other languages
|Cranky Villagers (NH)|
Admiral · Angus · Apollo · Avery · Boris · Boyd · Bruce · Butch · Buzz · Camofrog · Cesar · Chief · Chow · Croque · Curt · Cyd · Cyrano · Del · Dobie · Elvis · Fang · Frank · Frett · Gaston · Gonzo · Grizzly · Groucho · Gruff · Hamphrey · Harry · Hopper · Ike · Kabuki · Knox · Limberg · Lobo · Marlo · Monty · Murphy · Octavian · Peewee · Rasher · Ricky · Rizzo · Rocco · Rolf · Rooney · Roscoe · Spike · Static · T-Bone · Tom · Vic · Vladimir · Walt · Wart Jr. · Wolfgang