|This article requires clean-up to meet the quality standards of the Animal Crossing Wiki.|
The Call Islander is an app the player can use to invite other islanders (players) to play with them. In order to use the app, and invite multiple players on the switch, it will require at least 2 user accounts to have an islander.
To use the app, open the NookPhone, and select the Call Islander app. Here, it will ask you to select 1 or more players to invite (keep in mind, it will require 2 Nintendo Switches to play with more than 2 people locally). Once you've selected the players, it will ask you to sync your controller to the player.
The player who first launched the game will be the leader. The leader is essentially in charge of what the others do. Only the leader can interact with DIY workbenches, talk to villagers, and pick up items. However, the other players, can still use tools, shakedown trees, and so on, but when they pick up an item, it won't go in their inventory, but will go straight to the Recycling Bin in the Resident Services building. This mode is named Patry mode.
If the leader wants to change the leader, they don't have to restart the game. All you have to do, is as the leader, shake your remote or press - for those who don't have a controller that shakes. Whoever wants to be the leader can press the designated button displayed above their head, and they will become the new Leader.
It is automatically unlocked when you have at least two players on your island.
- If a tree is shaked and it has wasps in it, the wasps attack the leader, even if the leader was not the one who shook it.
- Scene the max amount of accounts on a switch is 8, there can be 18 houses on an island.
- If a controller suddenly disconnects, the game revects to the last save on the leaders profile
- There a purely visionly glitch that happens when the Leader talks to a villager, while a athour player tries to run between the two, the other player will get stuck in between the two when one nods their head
- The fish and bugs caught during a Bug-off or fishing tourney go to the respective boxes for those events, and points go to the leader.
- In this mode, a single Joy-con can be used, where as otherwise it can't;
|Animal Crossing: New Horizons|
|Deserted island • Fish • Bugs • Deep-sea creatures • Fossils • Villagers • Events • Clothing • Crafting materials • DIY recipes • Call Islander • NookPhone • Island Designer • Nook Miles • Nook Inc. • Nook Stop • Getaway Package • Special characters • Furniture • Tools • Resident Services • Tutorial • Mystery tours • Photopia • K.K. Slider song list • Forged artwork • Island evaluation • House customization • Glitches • Version history|