“Or, wait, have you been CLONED?! Ohmigosh, I hope I'm friends with ALL of you!”
― Chai, New Leaf
Chai (フィーカ Fīka?, Fika) is a peppy elephant villager introduced in the Welcome amiibo update for New Leaf. She lives in a mobile home (or RV), and can be asked to move into the player's town. Her amiibo card is part of the Sanrio amiibo card pack. She shares her name with a type of tea, hence the teacup on her head. Her Japanese name comes from the Swedish noun/verb Fika which means to have coffee or tea with food on the side like cookies, candy, cake, biscuits, cinnamon rolls, etc.
Chai is a light blue elephant with white hair in a bob style around her face and a white tummy. Her hands, feet, and the tip of her trunk are yellow. She wears white eyeshadow and possibly some eyeliner. On top of her head, she balances a big pink teacup. Her trunk makes her head resemble a teapot. She resembles the Sanrio character Cinamoroll, and has him on her shirt.
|Below is a brief description of the peppy personality. For more information, click here.|
Peppy villagers appear to be in a good mood often and are easy to become friends with. As a peppy villager, Chai will have the tendency to over-react in conversations about trivial subjects, and will usually be over-excited to see the player or other villagers. This villager, like other peppy villagers, will rarely be discouraged from doing anything, including the usual hobbies. Peppy villagers dream of becoming famous in the future and read Ms. Nintendique, an unseen magazine read by snooty, normal, and other peppy villagers in the Animal Crossing Series. Peppy villagers will also have a very short attention span, which means they soon forget some arguments or tasks given to the player which weren't completed. Chai may easily get upset in conversation when the wrong things are said. She will get along well with other villagers, particularly lazy, normal, jock, sisterly and other peppy villagers, but she may annoy and upset cranky and snooty villagers, whose personalities differ to hers. Due to the nature of peppy villagers, she may mention how "old" or "boring" cranky villagers are compared to her opposing, upbeat personality.
|New Leaf (interior)||New Leaf (exterior)|
Her mobile home is based off Cinnamoroll , a Sanrio character.
Chai's preferred theme is cute. Her profile says:
Stepping into Chai's camper is like stepping into the world of Cinnamoroll. In short, it smells delicious in there.
Chai was one of the six Sanrio villagers that were only available in Pocket Camp in the summer of 2019.
Campsite Invitation Requirements
Friendship Level: 0
- At level 7 friendship, she will reward the player with a Cinnamoroll outfit and sparkle stones (x1).
- At level 9, she will reward the player with sparkle stones (x1).
- At level 20, she will reward the player with pic of Chai and sparkle stones (x1).
- At level 25, she will reward the player with sparkle stones (x1).
- At level 30, she will reward the player with sparkle stones (x1).
- At level 35, she will reward the player with sparkle stones (x1).
- At level 40, she will reward the player with sparkle stones (x1).
- At level 45, she will reward the player with sparkle stones (x1).
- At level 50, she will reward the player with sparkle stones (x1).
|Sanrio amiibo Card|
- Like the other Sanrio villagers, Chai's species does not match the character she represents. Cinnamoroll is a dog (sometimes mistaken as a rabbit) while Chai is an elephant.
- This choice could possibly be a reference to the 1941 Disney character, Dumbo the elephant. One of Cinnamoroll's character traits is that he can use his long ears to fly, which also applies to Dumbo.
- Chai is very similar to another villager, Tia, in that they are both elephant villagers themed around tea and teapots.
In other languages