, clothing items can be obtained from the Able Sisters, Nook Stop, and various events, as well as being crafted by the player using DIY Recipes. The player can also design their own clothing via the NookPhone.
- Due to this page's length, it has been broken down into smaller pages.
The player has 9 slots which are used to wear clothing. There is one for each category besides dresses and umbrellas (which must be equipped) and three for accessories. They can be named as follows: Head, Eyes, Mouth, Top, Bottom, Socks, Shoes, Bags, Wet suit, Face Paint.
- Tops: Placed on torso, always takes just the Top slot
- Bottoms: Placed on legs, always takes just the Bottom slot
- Dresses: Placed on body, always takes both Top and Bottom slot.
- Hats: Two types:
- Caps: Placed on top of head, always takes up Head slot (sometimes can interfere with mask accessories)
- Helmet: Placed on top of head, always takes up Head, Eyes, and Mouth slots
- Accessories: Three types:
- Glasses: Placed over eyes, always takes up the Eyes slot
- Masks: Placed over face, Always takes up Mouth and Eyes slots.
- Mouth: Placed over mouth, Always takes up Mouth slot.
- Socks: Placed on feet and sometimes far up the legs. Always takes up Socks slot.
- Shoes: Placed on feet and sometimes far up the legs. Always takes up Shoes slot.
- Bags: Placed on shoulder(s). Always takes up Bags slot.
- Umbrellas: Cannot be worn, have to be equipped like a tool. Cannot use tools while equipped.
- Wet suit: Placed on body, always takes up Wet suit slot. Hides Top and Bottom slots visually. The player cannot go into the dressing room in the Able Sister's shop or use a wardrobe while wearing the wet suit.
There are currently 4692 of these items in the game. The first time a specific color of a specific item is obtained in game, the item shows up in the Catalog, which can be accessed either from the Nook Shopping section of the Nook Stop or later in the Nook Shopping app on the phone. Most items registered in the Catalog are purchasable, with the exception of DIY and event items.
|Clothing Item||Styles||Color Variations|