- This article is about the snooty monkey villager. For the snooty elephant villager with a similar name, see Eloise.
“If you say anything stupid about bananas or monkeying around, I'll scream!”
― Picture quote, Wild World
Elise (モンこ, Monko?) is a snooty monkey villager from the Animal Crossing series. She is also the only snooty monkey. She, along with all the monkeys, was introduced in Wild World. Her Japanese name is a shortening of her species name, "monkey." Her catchphrase, "puh-lease", is a pun on the word "please". She is one of few villagers who wears accessories. She has the fashion hobby.
Elise is an off-green monkey with a tan face. This same tan color is seen on the ends of her limbs. She wears large red glasses and she has tiny black dots for eyes. These eyes have two small eyelashes sticking out of each one. She also has thick pink lips and a small beauty mark. The innards of her ears are a sky blue color. In Wild World and City Folk, Elise initially wears the Cool Shirt. In New Leaf, however, she wears the Gumdrop Tee.
|Below is a brief description of the snooty personality. For more information, click here.|
Elise has a snooty personality, which means she loves make-up and gossiping. As a snooty villager, Elise will first appear rude and arrogant towards the player, often talking about herself and her own experiences. She also speaks about the style and appearance of other villagers, usually other female villagers such as normal, peppy, and other snooty villagers. She will soon warm up to the player, confiding in them about their own feelings but still keeping subtly rude. Elise will not get along with lazy villagers due to them not caring about their appearance or the lazy villagers hating what she eats, and she won't get along with jock villagers because they will question her on her physical appearance and they won't worry about fashion. However, she will get along with cranky villagers due to their similar rude personalities, and usually normal villagers as well.
In City Folk, Elise's house has no particular theme. She has two lucky furniture items, being a tanuki statue and a lucky cat, as well as other assorted furniture. She has Neapolitan playing on a stereo.
In New Leaf, Elise's house is very fancy and sophisticated. She has a few pieces of the Regal Series, such as a Regal Bed, a Regal Lamp and Regal Table, which has a tea set on top of it. She also has a small section in the bottom right corner with wooden furniture, such as the owl clock and some Modern Wood items. Her Gold Stereo plays Neapolitan. Elise's wallpaper is the Rose Wall, and her flooring is the Ceramic Tile.
In New Horizons, Elise's house is a chic blend of wood items. She has mixed pieces from the Rattan set, along with an Antique Bed and Imperial Partition. Elise's wallpaper is the Abstract Print Wall, and her flooring is the Simple Purple Flooring.
|New Leaf (interior)||New Leaf (exterior)|
|New Horizons (interior)||New Horizons (exterior)|
Elise was added to Pocket Camp in the August 21, 2018 update.
Elise's preferred theme is civic, and she primarily gives steel as a reward. Her profile reads:
- ❝ Elise is the kind of can-do lady who could cook up a business proposal and a four-course meal in the space of a single evening.❞
Campsite Invitation Requirements
Friendship Level: 3
|Furniture/Item||Required Materials||Price (Bells)||Craft Time|
|Time Clock||3 paper, 3 steel||440||1 minute|
|Office Phone||6 steel||360||1 minute|
|White Office Desk||30 steel||1,150||1 hour, 30 minutes|
|Office Chair||3 cotton, 3 steel||580||1 minute|
|File Cabinet (M)||3 paper, 3 steel||560||1 minute|
- At level 7 friendship, she will reward the player with a gumdrop tee and sparkle stones (x1).
- At level 9, she will reward the player with sparkle stones (x1).
- At level 15, she will request that the player crafts a copy machine.
- At level 20, she will reward the player with a pic of Elise and sparkle stones (x1).
- At level 25, she will reward the player with sparkle stones (x1).
- At level 30, she will reward the player with sparkle stones (x1).
- At level 35, she will reward the player with sparkle stones (x1).
- At level 40, she will reward the player with sparkle stones (x1).
- At level 45, she will reward the player with sparkle stones (x1).
- At level 50, she will reward the player with sparkle stones (x1).
- At level 55, she will reward the player with sparkle stones (x1).
- At level 60, she will reward the player with sparkle stones (x1).
- Along with Raymond, Derwin, Eugene, and others, Elise is among the handful of villagers that wear glasses by default.
- In New Horizons, Elise's preferred styles are Elegant/Gorgeous, and her preferred colors are Purple/Red.
In other languages
|Animal Crossing: New Horizons|
Alli · Amelia · Ankha · Annalise · Astrid · Azalea · Baabara · Becky · Bitty · Blaire · Blanche · Bree · Broffina · Cashmere · Claudia · Cleo · Diana · Elise · Eloise · Francine · Freya · Friga · Gigi · Gloria · Greta · Gwen · Judy · Julia · Kitty · Maelle · Mallary · Mathilda · Mint · Miranda · Monique · Naomi · Olivia · Opal · Pancetti · Pecan · Petri · Portia · Purrl · Queenie · Robin · Snooty · Soleil · Tasha · Tiffany · Timbra · Tipper · Velma · Violet · Vivian · Whitney · Willow · Yuka