“They say the island is just a game. And everything we say? Or do? It's just to amuse somebody else!”
― Erik, New Horizons
Erik (チャック, Chakku?, Chuck) is a lazy deer villager who first appeared in New Leaf. His name is most likely a variation of "elk", as he resembles a moose, known as Eurasian elk in Europe. Erik is also a common name in the Nordic countries, who are known for large numbers of moose as well as a cold climate, which is referenced in Erik's design and house. His catchphrase, "chow down", may be a reference to a real-life moose; moose are known to consume thirty to forty pounds of vegetation a day during summer.
He has the nature hobby.
Erik is a brown deer with sandy colored antlers. His snout is orange-brown, and he has black hooves. On his arms and legs, before his hooves, his fur gradients into a sandy color. His ears also blend into this color at their ends, and he also has a hair tuft which has a sandy colored outline. He has white oval eyes which are wide apart with black pupils, and black eyebrows. His antlers and nose shape closely resemble those of a moose. He initially wears the Comfy Sweater.
|Below is a brief description of the lazy personality. For more information, click here.|
As a lazy villager, Erik will be friendly and easy to get along with due to his laid back lifestyle. Like all lazy villagers, he has a love of food and relaxing. He will enjoy partaking in the usual hobbies, usually for relaxing reasons or for food, like when fishing. Erik will get along well with other villagers, but may offend or confuse jock villagers, who have a lifestyle of exercise and fitness, which conflicts with the lazy lifestyle of relaxing and food. He will get along with other lazy villagers with whom he will talk about food, comics, or superheroes. He will also get along well with normal, peppy, smug and sisterly villagers, and occasionally cranky villagers, but may from time to time annoy snooty villagers, who disagree with the lazy lifestyle.
Erik's house has a theme of a log cabin and his choice of furniture primarily consists of furniture from the Cabin Series and some other furniture such as the Classic Sofa. His Turntable plays Neapolitan.
In New Horizons, his house has an outdoorsy winter theme, with a Ski-slope wall and flooring, as well as a selection of items from the Frozen furniture series, including the bed, table, chair, and counter. Apart from this, he has a Sleigh and a sky blue Cute Music Player, which plays Drivin'. His exterior also much more resembles a log cabin.
|New Leaf (interior)||New Leaf (exterior)|
|New Horizons (interior)||New Horizons (exterior)|
Erik's preferred theme is rustic and he will primarily gift the player with wood when they fulfill his requests.
His profile says:
Folks are always mistaking Erik for the famous reindeer, Jingle. He usually doesn't mind the mix-up, except in the wintertime when people are always asking him for stuff.
Campsite Invitation Requirements
Friendship Level: 0
- At level 7 friendship, he will reward the player with a tee and sparkle stones (x1).
- At level 9, he will reward the player with sparkle stones (x1).
- At level 10, he will request that the player craft a Yule Log.
- At level 20, he will reward the player with pic of Erik and sparkle stones (x1).
- At level 25, he will reward the player with sparkle stones (x1).
- At level 30, he will reward the player with sparkle stones (x1).
- At level 35, he will reward the player with sparkle stones (x1).
- At level 40, he will reward the player with sparkle stones (x1).
- At level 45, he will reward the player with sparkle stones (x1).
- At level 50, he will reward the player with sparkle stones (x1).
- He has similarities with real-life reindeer, though he does not share many qualities with Jingle.
- His design may be partially inspired by the cartoon moose Bullwinkle.
- Erik shares his birthday with Ketchup. Both of them have a birthday on July 27th.
In other languages
|Lazy Villagers (NH)|