|This page is currently under construction. Please help us expand this article byit.|
“They reflect this sullied world, yet retain their own beauty... I am bewitched by those compound eyes.”Flick (レックス, Rekkusu?, Rex) is a special visitor introduced in New Horizons. Flick is a bug enthusiast who replaces Nat as the host of the Bug Off, but also occasionally visits the Deserted Island outside of the competition to collect specimens.
― Animal Crossing: New Horizons
Flick is a red chameleon. He has three yellow horns in total, two on his head and one on the tip of his nose. His eyes are lidded and colored purple, and he has a curled tail with three stripes on it.
Flick's outfit consists of black leather vest, over a t-shirt with a ladybug on it. On the back of his vest is an emblem with a net crossed over a fishing rod, which is the same emblem as the one on his partner and roommate, C.J.'s hat. He has red-and-black plaid pants and wears black boots. He has two ringed piercings in one of his back spikes, and wears a choker with a golden tag. Flick carries a black net with him that is adorned with pointy, metallic studs.
In New Horizons
During Bug Offs (which happen once every season, i.e. spring, summer, winter etc.) or on random visits, Flick will buy bugs from the player for 150% of their usual value. The player can also commission Flick to make a model of a specific bug by bringing him three of the same bug; Flick will only work on one commission at a time per player, and will mail it to the player the next day.
He also sometimes visits with CJ
When Flick visits the Deserted Island outside of a Bug Off, Flick will remain the full day, from 5am to 5am.
All of the bug models that can be commissioned from Flick are shown in the table below.
- Flick and C.J. both share the same emblem; Flick's on the back of his jacket, and C.J.'s is on his cap.
- In the Japanese version, C.J. mentions that Flick doesn't get along with the rest of his family, especially his father; while they both love bugs, Flick's dad likes to eat them, implying that he may be Nat from the previous games.
- Nat is further implied to be Flick's father in C.J.'s dialogue, in which the latter states their families have known each other for a long time, which may also reference Chip as C.J.'s father.
- In localization, both his and C.J.'s dialogue mention each other as partners.
- In the English localization, upon first asking for a fish commission, C.J. will mention that his partner normally does art of bugs instead of fish. After asking for a second commission, C.J. will confirm that this hinted-at partner is Flick. After the third, he'll drop that he and Flick are roommates and partners.
- The non-canon New Horizons companion guide expands upon this, explaining that C.J. and Flick are 'roommates and business partners'.
- While it has not been confirmed, Flick's appearance does resemble that of a Jackson's chameleon. The males of this species share the trait of having three horns adorning their heads.
In other languages