- This article is about the species. For the fish, see Frog (fish).
Frogs (カエル Kaeru?) are a species of villager in the Animal Crossing series. They have round eyes on the tops of their heads, and often have names relating to frog-type things or sometimes have their own species in their name. Frogs have the rare distinction of being both a fish and a villager species. This is a trait only shared with Octopus.
Starting from New Leaf, due to their amphibious nature, frogs do not carry umbrellas when it is raining and will make unique comments about how they enjoy the way the rain makes their skin slick.
There are twenty frog villagers in total, of which thirteen are male and seven are female. Five are jock, three are lazy, three are cranky, two are smug, one is peppy, four are normal, one is snooty, and one is sisterly.
- They are one of only two villager types to share the same species as capturable creatures, the other being octopuses.
- Despite this, however, frog-type villagers have no unique reactions to being gifted with a frog during fish requests in Pocket Camp (although they do in other games). Similarly, they don't have any unique reactions to being gifted with tadpoles during fish requests in Pocket Camp, despite tadpoles technically being their offspring.
- They do not wear raincoats or use umbrellas when it rains. This is most likely because their skin can absorb moisture.
- This is also given a reference with the capture quote for frogs in New Horizons, where the player says it may be a new neighbor instead of a frog and thus may have a lot of apologizing to do.
In other languages