She is a small yellow kitten with brown hair and small black eyes with eyelashes. She wears a blue dress with a pink flower on the front. In New Leaf, she has a red backpack and a creamy beige hat with a pinkish band around it.
In Wild World
In Wild World, shortly after visiting another town via Wi-fi, either one of the players may find Katie crying in their town. When talked to, she will tell them that she has been separated from her mother and will beg for them to take her back to the town that was visited or the town from where the player was visiting from. If her request is refused, she will start sniveling instead of crying.
If the player chooses to return her to her to her mother, Kaitlin, she will follow the them to the Town Gate. If the player enters another building, she will not enter but when they exit the building she can be found crying, asking them where they were. She also may fall over if the player moves too quickly and she begins to fall behind, and will cry as a result.
When she is returned to Kaitlin, the player will receive a letter in the mail the next day with a present attached. These rewards can be found below.
In City Folk
Her role in City Folk is unchanged from her role in Wild World. She retains the same appearance and characteristics, by not entering buildings the player may enter when she is helped home as well as tripping over when she is hurried. The rewards stay the same, except pictures don't make an appearance in the game. She may also appear more than once in your town.
In New Leaf
“What? No way! You're the mayor?! Hi, <Mister or Missus> Mayor!”Katie is older in New Leaf than she was in previous games, and now travels without her mother from town to town, despite that fact she will be grateful for traveling with her instead of alone.
― Katie, New Leaf, first time meeting as mayor.
If she visits the player's town, she will be seen walking around and may ask if she could be taken to a friend's town. She will stay in your town for a day until you talk with her and decide to take her with you. If the player attempts to visit anywhere in their town other than the train station, the player will be presented to whether to hold Katie's interest to visit other towns.
If she is taken to the train station, she will either get on the train with the player, or lose her ticket and miss the train as a result. If she missed the train, she will say in a letter that she got the next one. Regardless of the event, the player will still receive a gift from her the next day via a letter. If Katie misses the train, it is for one of two reasons. Katie has already been in the receiver's town for that day. Or, Katie is already set to appear in the receivers town, but has not appeared yet.
If the player denies Katie's request, she may say "Oh... *I want my mommy...*" or "But... why?".
In Animal Crossing: The Movie
Katie is seen sitting with Kaitlin during the K.K. Slider performance. She is also seen at the hook-a-duck stool, congratulating Pelly for winning. In Dobutsu No Mori (film) she was a background character.
When Katie is returned to Kaitlin, the player will receive an item in a letter sent to them in the mail the next day. In Wild World and City Folk, the item can be one of the following:
- Apple TV
- Music Box
- Katie and Kaitlin's Picture (Wild World only)
- Papa Bear
- Lily-Pad Table
- Papa Panda
- Lovely Phone
In New Leaf, the player will receive one of the following gifts the next day in a letter after taking Katie to another town. The player will still receive a letter even if Katie fails to get on the train:
- Digital-Photo Frame
- Katie's Picture
- Sketch Book
- Toy Camera
- World Map
Her picture quote is "Life is short and time is swift".
|Click "Show" to view the screenshots.|
- Before New Leaf, Katie's Japanese name was unknown as she was referred to only as "lost child" (まいごちゃん maigo-chan?); her name was revealed to be Maiko (まいこちゃん Maiko-chan?).
- When Katie is taken to another town in Animal Crossing: New Leaf, she is only seen in the town a few days later.
- It is no longer possible to encounter Katie in City Folk as of May 20, 2014 due to Nintendo terminating Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection, thus visiting a friend's town in City Folk is no longer possible. However, it is still possible to encounter her in Wild World, because the DS can communicate locally.
- In Wild World and City Folk, Katie will only leave your town if you return her to Kaitlin or ignore her for a week.
- In New Leaf, Katie has the voice of a peppy villager, befitting her young age.
- Despite being physically absent in New Horizons, the player can receive Katie's poster by scanning her amiibo card in Photopia.