“Time is money, money is fashion, and fashion is fame. What I'm saying is I've gotta hurry up with this!"”
― Klaus, New Horizons
|“||I approve. Not that you need my approval, but maybe I need yours? Do you approve of my approval?||”|
|― Klaus, New Horizons|
Klaus (クマロス, Kumarosu?) is a smug bear villager who first appeared in New Leaf. His name may be in reference to a bear's "claws." While the exact meaning of his Japanese name is not known, it does contain the Japanese word "kuma", which means "bear". He is possibly German, because Klaus is a common German name, and 'strudel' is a German dessert. He appears on the album cover for Café K.K.
He has the education hobby.
Klaus is a light blue bear with darker blue cheeks. His muzzle fades into a dark blue as well, and he has curly blond hair. His nose and the insides of his ears are greyish-brown. He has sky blue, half-closed eyes that make him appear bored or annoyed, and is wearing thin eyeliner. He wears gold bracelets on both wrists, and brown sandals; making him one of the few villagers to wear shoes. He initially wears a toga. Contrary to his name and catchphrase, he possibly looks Roman.
|Below is a brief description of the smug personality. For more information, click here.|
Smug villagers are very polite, kind, and gentleman-like. As a smug villager, Klaus will get along easily with other villagers. Smug villagers get along well with most villagers, their personality appearing to be a mix of the other personality types. Smug villagers will stroke their egos from time to time, going on about how cool they are.
In New Horizons, Klaus's home resembles a bath house. He owns a bath towel and wall-mounted shower, a hot tub, and several Zodiac-themed furniture. He has a Phonograph on a Cancer table an Aquarius urn, and a pitcher. He also owns an automatic toilet and bidet, which are divided by from the Cancer table by a simple panel. K.K. Sonata plays on his Phonograph.
|New Leaf (interior)|
|New Horizons (interior)||New Horizons (exterior)|
Klaus was added to Pocket Camp on the [month] [year] update.
Klaus's preferred theme is historical and he will primarily gift the player with wood when they fulfill his requests.
His profile says:
Klaus has a lot of hobbies and enjoys dabbling in many a field. He fancies himself a jack-of-all-trades. It's too bad he's a master of none.
Campsite Invitation Requirements
Friendship Level: 0
- At level 7 friendship, he will reward the player with a tee and sparkle stones (x1).
- At level 9, he will reward the player with sparkle stones (x1).
- At level 15, he will request that the player crafts a bathtub.
- At level 20, he will reward the player with pic of Klaus and sparkle stones (x1).
- At level 25, he will reward the player with sparkle stones (x1).
- At level 30, he will reward the player with sparkle stones (x1).
- At level 35, he will reward the player with sparkle stones (x1).
- At level 40, he will reward the player with sparkle stones (x1).
- At level 45, he will reward the player with sparkle stones (x1).
- At level 50, he will reward the player with sparkle stones (x1).
- Klaus's face, hairstyle, initial armor clothing (NL), initial robe clothing (NH), and enjoying the historical style suggest he is based on Julius Caesar. His birthday is also in March, the infamous month Julius Caesar was assassinated in. This is also acknowledged by the fact that for his home in Happy Home Designer, he wants an ancient Roman bathhouse. Though, it is likely that has been lost in translation, making him German instead.
- He and Tutu resemble polar bears.
In other languages
|Smug Villagers (NH)|