― Picture quote, Wild World
Moe (ジンペイ, Jinpē?) is a lazy cat villager in the Animal Crossing series. His name possibly comes from the sound a cat often makes in Chinese, "Miāo," or "Māo," (喵, 猫) meaning cat, or after the rare breed of cat (the Egyptian Mau) depending on the pronunciation of his name. It could also possibly refer to the type of anime/manga term "moe". His catchphrase, myawn, is a combination of the onomatopoeias "meow" and "yawn", which reflects his lazy personality. His Japanese name, Jinpei, is a common name in Japan.
Moe is a dark and light blue cat with stripes around his head, tail, and legs. He has a pudge-like nose and yellow eyes. Moe's ears are held straight and are pink on the inside. The bottom of his legs are white along with the end of his arms. His muzzle is also white and he has buck teeth. In Animal Forest e+, Moe initially wears the Fish Bone Shirt, in Wild World through New Leaf, Moe initially wears the BB shirt, and in New Horizons he wears the Simple Parka. His color scheme and clothing are similar to another cat villager, Tom.
|Below is a brief description of the lazy personality. For more information, click here.|
As a lazy villager, Moe will be friendly and easy to get along with due to his laid back lifestyle. Like all lazy villagers, he has a love of food and relaxing. He will enjoy partaking in the usual hobbies, usually for relaxing reasons or for food, like when fishing. Moe will get along well with other villagers, but may offend or confuse jock villagers, who have a lifestyle of exercise and fitness, which conflicts with the lazy lifestyle of relaxing and food. He will get along with other lazy villagers with whom he will talk about food, comics, or superheroes. He will also get along well with normal, peppy, smug and sisterly villagers, and occasionally cranky villagers, but may from time to time annoy snooty villagers, who disagree with the lazy lifestyle.
In Both Wild World and City Folk, Moe has part of a classroom theme in his house. Moe's house has the green wall and the music room floor. Originally, his house contains a Blue bed, a kiddie dresser, an anatomical model, a green table, a dice stereo, a vision tester, model skeleton, and a stadiometer. His Dice Stereo plays K.K. Ragtime.
In New Leaf, Moe's house resembles a hospital with various anatomical models and a Stripe Bed behind a curtain. He also has a skeleton and a Stripe Sofa. His CD Player plays K.K. Ragtime and he has the Blue Wall and Music Room Floor.
In New Horizons, Moe has various furniture from the Wooden-block set (New Horizons), including the wooden-block wall clock, wooden-block chest, and a wooden-block bench with a wooden low table. He also has the cute music player and cute DIY table from the Cute set, as well as a throwback race-car bed, throwback rocket, and a throwback container with a toy box. For wallpaper, he uses the blue subway-tile wall, and for flooring, he uses the stripe flooring. He plays Two Days Ago on his cute music player.
|Animal Forest e+ (interior)|
|New Leaf (interior)||New Leaf (exterior)|
|New Horizons (interior)||New Horizons (exterior)|
Moe was released with Pocket Camp on October 25, 2017.
Moe's preferred theme is sporty, and he primarily gives wood as a reward. His profile reads:
- ❝ If there's one thing that Moe's really bad at, it's making a good first impression. If you can get past that, he'll be an indispensable friend.❞
Campsite Invitation Requirements
Friendship Level: 7
|Furniture/Item||Required Materials||Price (Bells)||Craft Time|
|Pothos||30 wood, 3 friend powder||1,090||7 hours|
|Stripe Shelf||30 steel||800||5 hours|
|Stripe Chair||30 steel||860||3 hours|
|Pastel Low Table||60 steel, 60 wood, 3 cute essence||1,900||8 hours|
|Stripe Bed||60 steel, 60 cotton, 3 sporty essence||1,810||12 hours|
- At level 7 friendship, he will reward the player with a BB tee and sparkle stones (x1).
- At level 9, he will reward the player with sparkle stones (x1).
- At level 15, he will request the player to craft a stewpot.
- At level 20, he will reward the player with a pic of Moe and sparkle stones (x1).
- At level 25, he will reward the player with sparkle stones (x1).
- At level 30, he will reward the player with sparkle stones (x1).
- At level 35, he will reward the player with sparkle stones (x1).
- At level 40, he will reward the player with sparkle stones (x1).
- At level 45, he will reward the player with sparkle stones (x1).
- At level 50, he will reward the player with sparkle stones (x1).
- At level 55, he will reward the player with sparkle stones (x1).
- At level 60, he will reward the player with sparkle stones (x1).
- As sometimes revealed in New Leaf on Halloween, Moe is afraid of the Monster Mask.
- As sometimes revealed in New Leaf on April Fool's Day, Moe is the youngest of 5 kids.
In other languages
|Lazy Villagers (NH)|
Al · Alfonso · Anchovy · Barold · Beau · Benedict · Benjamin · Big Top · Biskit · Bob · Bones · Boomer · Broccolo · Chabwick · Chester · Claude · Clay · Clyde · Cole · Cranston · Cube · Deli · Derwin · Dizzy · Doc · Drago · Drake · Egbert · Elmer · Erik · Filbert · Hopkins · Hornsby · Hugh · JacobNA/JakeyPAL · Jeremiah · Joey · Lucky · Marcel · Marty · Moe · Nate · Ozzie · Paolo · Papi · Prince · Puck · Pudge · Punchy · Raddle · Rex · Rodeo · Sasha · Sherb · Simon · SporkNA/CracklePAL · Stitches · Stu · Tucker · Wade · Walker · Weber · Zucker