- This article is about the smug cat villager. For the pumpkin character on Halloween, see Jack.
“Hey, is that one of those vaulting poles I've been hearing about? Ugh...I want one of those SO MUCH. I don't care about vaulting—I just want to have the latest cool thing!”
― Raymond, New Horizons
Raymond (ジャック, Jakku?, Jack) is a smug cat villager introduced in New Horizons, and later Pocket Camp. His English name means "Advice" or "Council giver", referencing his business attire and interior home. His Japanese phrase can describe someone as strict or serious and his Dutch phrase means neat/tidy, both of which reference his need to be precise stated on his Pocket Camp profile. He has the nature hobby.
Raymond is a cat with gray fur. His ears, paws, and tail are colored black and he has a blond tuft of hair on his forehead. He has a barely noticeable gray to white gradient, just before his black paws. He has complete heterochromia, with his right eye being brown and his left eye being green. His default expression looks rather serious, fitting his business theme. He wears a pair of glasses, and his initial outfit is a grey waistcoat. On rainy days he wears the blue raincoat and a green outdoor hat, or he carries around the bat umbrella.
|Below is a brief description of the smug personality. For more information, click here.|
Smug villagers are very polite, kind, and gentleman-like. As a smug villager, Raymond will get along easily with other villagers. Smug villagers get along well with most villagers, their personality appearing to be a mix of the other personality types. As a smug villager he will stroke his ego from time to time, going on about how cool he is.
In New Horizons, Raymond has an office-themed home. From the Office set, he has a modern office chair and an office desk. The office desk has a document stack and a black desktop computer. In the middle of his house, he has a den desk with a mug and a Newton's cradle, and a den chair from the Den Set. In the back of his house, there's a whiteboard, safe, water cooler, and an iron worktable with a fax machine and document stack on top of it. On the back wall, there's a wall clock and formal paper. For wallpaper, he uses the Office Wall and for flooring, he uses the Monochromatic Tile Flooring.
|New Horizons (interior)||New Horizons (exterior)|
Raymond's preferred theme is civic. His profile says:
Raymond is a very precise fellow. His signature glasses must always be at a specific angle on his nose. If they're even slightly off-kilter, he won't be able to get any work done that day!
Campsite Invitation Requirements
Friendship Level: 0
- At level 7 friendship, he will reward the player with a waistcoat and sparkle stones (x1).
- At level 9, he will reward the player with sparkle stones (x1).
- At level 15, he will request the player to craft a server.
- At level 20, he will reward the player with pic of Raymond and sparkle stones (x1).
- At level 25, he will reward the player with sparkle stones (x1).
- At level 30, he will reward the player with sparkle stones (x1).
- At level 35, he will reward the player with sparkle stones (x1).
- At level 40, he will reward the player with sparkle stones (x1).
- At level 45, he will reward the player with sparkle stones (x1).
- At level 50, he will reward the player with sparkle stones (x1).
- Raymond is the first villager whose name was revealed by third-party social media--it was revealed by crossingchannel, who contributed to the game's official guide book.
- Raymond appears to have complete heterochromia, where one eye is a different color than the other. His left eye is green while his right eye is brown. Contrary to popular belief, he isn't the first villager to have this trait; the first villager with complete heterochromia is Hugh, who was introduced in Animal Crossing. he also shares this trait with Tasha.
- He, along with the other New Horizons newcomers, was added to Pocket Camp in an update that was released at the same time as the release of New Horizons.
- He is the only smug cat villager as of New Horizons.
- Raymond's Spanish name means "daffodil" in Spanish, though it also may refer to the Greek myth, supposedly which the flower was named after. The name both refers to his nature hobby and his personality.
- His German phrase "weeßte" (you know) is typical of the Berlin accent, which may reference one of his sentences in the German version of New Horizons, stating he was only used to big cities before coming to the players island.
- His Chinese phrase "严肃/嚴肅" means "serious". This is another reference to his needs for precision, as stated in his Pocket Camp description.
- Raymond quickly became one of the most popular villagers introduced in New Horizons, to the point that fans became infamous by hunting day and night for him, as well as trading him for high amounts of Bells, Nook Miles Tickets, or even real-life money. The latter was discouraged by Nintendo.
- Raymond is one of the eight new villagers that came with New Horizons, along with Judy, Audie, Megan, Reneigh, Sherb, Cyd, and Dom.
In other languages
|Smug Villagers (NH)|