Resident Services is the main hub for the island's development in Animal Crossing: New Horizons and the equivalent of the Town Hall in previous games. It begins as a small tent in a cleared area, but as the island grows, it is upgraded to a permanent building with a paved plaza. It is open at all hours of the day.
The Resident Services tent is the first version of Resident Services. Tom Nook and the Nooklings set up shop here, offering a free DIY crafting table, the Nook Stop, and a recycling bin. Tom Nook offers DIY workshops, guides the player in developing the island, and conducts ceremonies for the opening of new infrastructure, while Timmy has a small selection of items for sale and will purchase items from the player. After Nook's Cranny is constructed, Timmy and Tommy will move their business there.
After the player has completed Nook's Cranny, opened the Museum, and three more villagers have moved to the island, Tom Nook will decide to construct a permanent Resident Services building. When finished, all the services that the tent offered except for Timmy's store continue, but Isabelle now works alongside Tom Nook as support staff. Isabelle offers island evaluations, allows the player to change the island's flag and tune, and can also be asked to force specific villagers to revert to their default outfits and catchphrases. Tom Nook additionally offers infrastructure projects such as building new bridges and ramps, or moving houses and most buildings to new sites.
Several visitors will appear in the Resident Services plaza randomly or on special occasions.
- Mabel: Visits after Nook's Cranny is built. Continues to appear until the player purchases items from her on two separate visits. On the next visit, she will ask the player to place a plot for the Able Sisters shop, after which she will cease to appear in the plaza.
- Label: Visits after the Able Sisters shop is built. She is not a guaranteed weekly visitor, but the likelihood of her visiting increases if she did not appear in the previous weeks.
- Kicks: Visits after the Able Sisters shop is built. He is guaranteed to visit once per week, Monday through Friday.
- Leif: Visits after Nook's Cranny is built. He is guaranteed to visit once per week, Monday through Friday. During Nature Day, he visits more frequently.
- K.K. Slider: First visits the day after receiving a 3-star Island evaluation. From then on, he is guaranteed to appear every Saturday, or on Friday in case of an event that requires use of the plaza on Saturday.
|Animal Crossing: New Horizons|
|Deserted Island • Fish • Bugs • Fossils • Villagers • Events • Clothing • Crafting materials • DIY recipes • Call Islander • NookPhone • Island Designer • Nook Miles • Nook Inc. • Nook Stop • Getaway Package • Special characters • Furniture • Tools • Resident Services • Tutorial • Mystery tours • Photopia • K.K. Slider song list • Forged artwork • Island evaluation • House customization • Glitches • Version history|