Shells are plentiful items that wash up on the beach of all Animal Crossing series games. They are a small and easy source of Bells. Shells are especially useful when starting a new game to obtain enough bells to buy tools.
List of shells
|Giant clam||450/900 NH||✓||✓|
|Sand dollar||60/120 NH||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Sea snail||90/180 NH||✓||✓|
|Venus comb||150/300 NH||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
- During the Golden Axe Trading Event in Wild World, scallops can be traded with Pascal to obtain either the Golden Axe or Pascal's picture. Scallops can only be obtained from Tortimer in exchange for a massage chair.
- In City Folk, scallops can be traded with Pascal for a piece of ship-themed furniture.
- In New Leaf, when a scallop is caught in the town, Pascal sometimes appears and requests it. If given, he will eventually trade a piece of furniture. Note that the scallop is a different item from the scallop shell.
Manila Clam (New Horizons)
- Found on beaches shooting water out of the sand.
- Obtained by digging with a shovel.
- Can be crafted into Fish Bait.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.