|This page is currently under construction. Please help us expand this article byit.|
This article is undergoing changes due to it being marked for project work. Please view the to-do list for more info.
Shino (よしの Yoshino?) is a deer villager, in Animal Crossing: New Horizons. She was revealed in the Animal Crossing: New Horizons Direct on October 15, 2021, and added to the game in the version 2.0 update. Her name stems from Yoshino, a Japanese female name, shika ("deer"), and Noh, a genre of Japanese theatre.
She has the education hobby.
Shino is a yellow cream-colored deer with red horns and gray-tipped ears. Her eyes are orange with black eye liner and red eye makeup; her grey eyebrows are short. When she speaks or smiles, her eyes do not close all the way, but remain open a little. Her snout is white and her nose is a pinkish-orange color. The inside of her ears are a red shade; she has yellow/gold hooves. Her tail is tipped with grey and she has white fangs. Shino wears a pale green morning-glory yukata.
|Below is a brief description of the peppy personality. For more information, click here.|
Peppy villagers appear to be in a good mood often and are easy to become friends with. As a peppy villager, Shino will have the tendency to over-react in conversations about trivial subjects, and will usually be over-excited to see the player or other villagers. This villager, like other peppy villagers, will rarely be discouraged from doing anything, including the usual hobbies. Peppy villagers dream of becoming famous in the future and read Ms. Nintendique, an unseen magazine read by snooty, normal, and other peppy villagers in the Animal Crossing Series. Peppy villagers will also have a very short attention span, which means they soon forget some arguments or tasks given to the player which weren't completed. Shino may easily get upset in conversation when the wrong things are said. She will get along well with other villagers, particularly lazy, normal, jock, sisterly and other peppy villagers, but she may annoy and upset cranky and snooty villagers, whose personalities differ to hers. Due to the nature of peppy villagers, she may mention how "old" or "boring" cranky villagers are compared to her opposing, upbeat personality.
|New Horizons (interior)||New Horizons (exterior)|
Shino was added in the October 2021 update.
Shino's preferred theme is harmonious. Her profile says:
Shino seems like the quiet, mysterious type—before she starts talking, that is. She tries to befriend everyone she meets and will probably tell them her whole life story in the process.
Campsite Invitation Requirements
Friendship Level: 0
- At level 7 friendship, she will reward the player with a kimono and sparkle stones (x1).
- At level 9, she will reward the player with sparkle stones (x1).
- At level 15, she will request that the player craft a zen cupboard.
- At level 20, she will reward the player with a pic of Shino and sparkle stones (x1).
- At level 25, she will reward the player with sparkle stones (x1).
- At level 30, she will reward the player with sparkle stones (x1).
- At level 35, she will reward the player with sparkle stones (x1).
- At level 40, she will reward the player with sparkle stones (x1).
- At level 45, she will reward the player with sparkle stones (x1).
- At level 50, she will reward the player with sparkle stones (x1),
- Shino shares her birthday with Jack and Label. All of them have a birthday on October 31st, which also happens to be Halloween.
- Shino's Spanish name is "Yuki", the Japanese word for snow.
- Her Italian name, "Sakura", means "cherry blossoms".
- Shino appears to be based off of hannya masks that are used in Japanese Noh Theater to represent a jealous female demon. She shares her horns, fangs and curved eyebrows in common with the way these demons are depicted.
- During the direct, Shino was thought by some to be male because of her horns, but thought by others to be female because of her eyeshadow. She shares this trait with Dom and Sasha.
Name in other languages