|The title of this article is conjectural. An official name for the article's subject has not been found.|
Sisterly (アネキ aneki?, big sister) is a personality type introduced in New Leaf and a starting villager personality in New Horizons. Sisterly villagers are very caring towards the player and are less vain than the snooty or peppy villagers, but they are also more blunt, straightforward, and tomboyish and may come across as rude on some occasions. Sisterly villagers normally wake up at 11:00 AM and sleep at 3:00 AM. In New Horizons, they wake up at 9:30 AM and sleep at 3:00 AM. There are currently only 26 sisterly villagers, making them the least common personality. Even though all sisterly villagers are female, other villagers may sometimes refer to them using he/him pronouns.
Several formerly snooty villagers are now sisterly. Sylvia and Ursala both had the snooty personality until the release of New Leaf and its update Welcome amiibo. Charlise, Paula, and Plucky were all peppy until they all returned in New Leaf and its update Welcome amiibo. Faith had the normal personality until she returned in the New Horizons 2.0 update.
In New Horizons, players will always have one random sisterly villager as a starter villager.
Sisterly villagers will, when befriended, give the player fighting tips and teach them ways to relax. These villagers are tough but they still care deeply about their appearance. They have a tendency to stay up very late into the night. When befriended, they will give the player medicine if they are stung by a wasp. They will treat the player with respect and will even offer to fight off anyone that is giving the player trouble. Some Public Works Projects can only be suggested by sisterly villagers, such as the wood bench. Sisterly villagers generally get along with peppy, normal, lazy, jock, and other sisterly villagers but may conflict with smug and snooty villagers due to their arrogant nature. They may clash with cranky villagers due to their similarly stubborn personalities, but often end up becoming best friends.
In Happy Home Designer they are given even more of a tomboyish personality, no longer being as caring as they used to be. They are, on the contrary, the most sarcastic, blunt, and mischievous out of the female villagers. They like to party a lot, get bored easily when things are calm, and seem to always be in search of stunt emotions and experiences. They tend to taunt the player (and the other NPCs) very often and hate genuine compliments.
In New Horizons, sisterly villagers exchange friendly banter with the player a lot, especially if the player constantly talks to them. They also share the most stories about their youth than other villagers. Their caring aspect from New Leaf returns, they have a soft spot for kids and sometimes talk to the player about their friendship with their old neighbour's son and they also have a rivalry with the player out of mutual respect rather than disdain, similar to Jock villagers.
Below are some (not all) quotes made by sisterly villagers.
- (if woken up inside their house) "Wh-whoa! Giant (native fruit)!"
- "Dude! This is so cool!"
- "<Player name>, you're lookin' at me weird! <catchphrase>!"
- "Yo, <Player name>! You get around, eh? <catchphrase>!"
- (when the player agrees to get them a bug) "Awesome! You're a solid cat! I'll be waiting! <catchphrase>!"
- (talking about an item they want from the player) "Thing is...that item (does shrug emote) was one of the top prizes in last month's issue of Window Shopping Pro."
- "I heard a rumor that <jock villager's name> wrestled a bear once...and won! You know anything about that? I wonder if it was done with (does cold chill emote) bear hands..."
- (If player gets stung by bees) "<Player name> who did this to your face? LET ME AT EM'! ...oh, you just got stung by a bee, here use this. Bee more careful out there <catchphrase>!
- "Heh heh. <Player>... I bet you get restless at night just like me. <catchphrase>?"
- "It really starts to feel like the holidays once we hit December! I'm gonna do it up right this year! Toy Day and then Countdown. I'm ready for fun! <catchphrase>! So, ummm... Is it true that Jingle rides home on the train? I've never seen that before, but I'm gonna try not to miss it this year! <catchphrase>!"
The following is a list of villagers who have the sisterly personality in their latest installments of the Animal Crossing series games.
- Sisterly villagers are the last to wake up in the morning, at 11:00 AM in New Leaf and at 9:30 AM in New Horizons.
- Sisterly villagers are also known as "uchi" villagers amongst players, deriving from the personal pronoun "uchi" that these villagers use in the Japanese version of the games. The word "uchi" is a personal pronoun that is feminine and informal, but does not give off an aura of cuteness the way other pronouns like "atashi" do.
- Sisterly villagers can be known to give hybrid flowers, but only in letters.
- The official guide for New Horizons refers to these villagers as 'big sister' personality. However, the guides are not considered canon.
- At the start of the game in New Horizons, each player gets one sisterly and one jock villager.
- This personality type is the only personality to not have any villagers missing from New Horizons.
- Sisterly villagers wave enthusiastically with both hands. They share this habit with the jock, peppy, and smug villagers.
In other languages