|Animal Crossing: New Horizons|
|Deserted island • Fish • Bugs • Deep-sea creatures • Fossils • Villagers • Events • Clothing • Crafting materials • Customization Kits • DIY recipes • Call Islander • NookPhone • Island Designer • Nook Miles • Nook Inc. • Nook Stop • Getaway Package • Special characters • Furniture • Tools • Resident Services • Tutorial • Mystery tours • Photopia • Dreaming • K.K. Slider song list • Artwork • Island evaluation • House customization • Glitches • Version history|
- 1 Past versions
- 2 Current version
- 3 Future versions
- 4 Notes
- 5 References
The version of the game on physical cartridges. Contains a complete, playable version of the game, minus any additions, changes, and fixes included in any subsequent versions.
Released on March 19th, 2020, one day before the launch of the game.
- Added Bunny Day and Zipper T. Bunny
- Item names now use Title Case instead of all-lowercase.
- Added NookLink features. The "Save Data settings" on the title screen was replaced with the generic label "Settings".
- All players who downloaded the update receive a Nintendo Switch furniture item in-game. The player also received an ACNH Nintendo Switch, if they were playing on one.
Released on March 26th, 2020.
- Fixed the furniture rotation duplication glitch
After being announced during a Nintendo Direct Mini on March 26th, 2020, the update was unlocked on April 1st, 2020.
- Enabled Bunny Day features.
Released on April 2nd, 2020.
- Fixed Glitched land plots.
- Fixed Tom Nook refusing to invite more villagers glitch.
- Fixed Mystery tour tool price bug.
- Fixed Unable to relocate house after deleting a player glitch.
- Fixed 'several other bugs.'
- Slightly reduced frequency of Bunny Day balloons and water eggs on the player's island.
Released on April 3rd, 2020.
Released on April 6th, 2020.
- Fixed an issue where Flick would give a different model on the next day when given three Scarab beetles for a commission.
- Readjusted frequency of Bunny Day eggs prior to April 11th, 2020.
1.2.0 - Earth Day Update
- Added Leif as a traveling merchant.
- Added bushes, sold by Leif.
- Leif also sells flower seeds that aren't usually for sale in the local Nook's Cranny.
- Added Redd
- Added Jolly Redd's Treasure Trawler, a ship that docks at the secret beach and allows the player to buy art, sculptures and other antiques
- Museum expansion
- Added an art gallery. Requires donating at least one genuine work of art to Blathers before it appears.
- Upcoming events
- Nature Day (April 23rd - May 4th)
- Bonus Nook Miles+ quests themed around nature
- May Day (May 1st - May 7th)
- International Museum Day (May 18th - May 31st)
- Added Stamp Rally - players must collect stamps from the exhibits in the museum. Reward is given at the end.
- Wedding Season (June 1st - June 30th)
- Nature Day (April 23rd - May 4th)
- Interest rates for the ABD were reduced from 0.5% to 0.05%.
- Nook Inc. shirts based on the ones Isabelle and Timmy and Tommy wear were made redeemable via Nook Miles.
- Players who downloaded this update received a world map from Nintendo and a bell-bag rug from Nook Bank.
- The 'switch' item was renamed to 'light switch'.
- Minor typos in dialogue were fixed.
This update also reworked the bug spawning algorithm in the game. Spawn rates were unified for all insects across all months instead of independent spawn percentages. For example, moths were a spawn rate of 25 during May-Feb, in March they were more common at a rate of 37, and less common in April at a rate of 22. As of 1.2 every month has a spawn rate of 25. In addition, the spawn rate of bugs was modified. Generally, the more valuable bugs were decreased and the less valuable were increased. This affects both the player's island and mystery tours.
- Decreased bug appearance rates:
- Peacock Butterfly down to 5% from 30%
- Emperor Butterfly & Great Purple Emperor Butterfly both down from 10% to 5%
- Atlas Moth down from 9%-10% to 5%
- Banded Dragonfly down from 10% to 7%
- Scarab Beetle down from 5% to 3%
- Giant Stag down from 10% to 5%
- Rainbow Stag down from 10% to 7%
- Tarantula and Scorpion both down from 3%-6% to 2%
- Increased bug appearance rates:
- Stinkbug up from 20% to 40%
- Tiger Beetle up from 9%-10% to 15%
- Horned Dynastid up from 30% to 35%
- Cherry-Blossom Petals (which use bug spawn rate) up from 135% to 150%
- Removed mystery tour islands:
- Big Fish/Hybrid Island
- Hybrid Flower Island
- Increased mystery tour island appearance rates:
- Short River up from 9% to 9.68%
- Short River and Pond up from 9% to 9.68%
- Spiral River up from 9% to 9.68%
- Fidget Spinner up from 9% to 9.68%
- Sister Fruit up from 9% to 10%
- Curly River up from 5% to 8%
- Falls up from 5% to 10%
- Decreased mystery tour island appearance rates:
- Mountain down from 9% to 8%
- Scorpion/Money Rock down from 2% to 1%
- Rugged Tree down from 2% to 1.5%
- Big Fish (formally Big Fish 2) down from 3% to 2%
- Trash down from 5% to 1%
- Finned Fish down from 1% to 0.5%
- Gold Rock/Scorpion down from 1% to 0.3%
Released on May 21st, 2020.
- Addressed issues to further ensure an enjoyable gaming experience (no new features, only bug fixes; fixes item duplication glitch)
- Unlocked from June 1st, 2020 onward:
- Wilbur gains the ability to buy items from the player and send items to the player's house storage while the player is visiting Harv's Island. Items sold to Wilbur will only return 80% of their sell value, like the shipping box outside Nook's Cranny.
1.3.0 - Summer Update (Wave 1)
Released on July 3rd, 2020.
- Added diving and deep-sea creatures
- Added Pascal, from whom DIY recipes for the Mermaid series or pearls can be received once per day in exchange for a scallop through diving.
- Added Gullivarrr, from whom Pirate-themed items can be obtained. He will ask that the player find his communicator by diving.
- Includes a free snorkel mask accessory for downloading the update
- The special characters Leif, Saharah, and Kicks are no longer guaranteed to visit each week, ensuring a more even spread of all special character visits
- K.K. Slider now performs on Sundays when the plaza hosts an event on Saturday, allowing special visitors to appear on all weekdays.
- Saharah has received changes to her shopping dialog, allowing the player to continue the conversation after buying an item.
- Names of several items have been changed:
- Cake Dress → Wedding Dress
- Writing Chair → Study Chair
- Writing Desk → Study Desk
- Writing Poster → Study Poster
- Bug fixes:
- Waterfall hop, multiplayer out of bounds & camera UI glitches were fixed.
Released on July 10th, 2020.
- Bug fixes:
- Zen bridge obstruction glitch
- Wet suit not being available for sale in Nook's Cranny
- Hermit crabs appearing in odd places
- Dialogue bubbles appearing for a split second after speaking to villagers
1.4.0 - Summer Update (Wave 2)
Released on July 30th, 2020.
- General updates:
- A new seasonal event, Fireworks Shows, has been added.
- New limited-time seasonal items have been added to Nook Shopping.
- A new feature was added to the NookPhone Camera app, allowing the player to turn off the guide information by pressing in the R Stick.
- The "funny glasses" item now matches up with player skin color variations.
- Players are given the "fireworks-show wall" wallpaper as a gift for downloading the update.
- The following items have been added:
- Rodeo-Style Springy Ride-On
- Luna's Bed
- Fireworks-Show Wall
- Moon rug
- Blue Balloon
- Red Balloon
- Yellow Balloon
- Green Balloon
- Pink Balloon
- Bubble Blower
- Red Sparkler
- Blue Sparkler
- Fountain Firework
- Dream Bell Exchange Ticket
- Used Fountain Firework
- Uchiwa Fan
- Grape-Harvest Basket
- Bulb Bopper
- Flower Bopper
- Heart Bopper
- Star Bopper
- King Tut Mask
- Orihime Outfit
- Hikoboshi Outfit
- Online connectivity features:
- A new feature allows the player to sleep in a bed and meet Luna via dreaming. They can upload a dream of their island via the internet or visit other uploaded dream islands. Once Luna is available, she will mail the player the "Luna's bed" item.
- New features have been added to the Custom Designs Portal. The player can now search by design name or type. The player can now create a list of favorite creators.
- A new feature has been added for backing up save data to Nintendo’s servers via the internet. The player can use backed up save data with the island backup restoration service if their Nintendo Switch system is lost or broken.
- The player must be a member of Nintendo Switch Online and enable backups within Animal Crossing: New Horizons to use this new feature.
- Save data can't be restored at a customer’s discretionary timing. If the player's system is broken, they must contact Nintendo Support to start a repair request. If they have lost their system, they must contact Nintendo Support.
- This feature doesn't allow save data (island data) to be transferred to a different system. A save data transfer feature within 2020 is planned. Information on the feature and timing will be announced at a future time.
- Fixed issues:
- Other adjustments were made to improve the game play experience.
Released on August 6, 2020.
- Fixed an issue where trees could mature and contain things other than the normal fruit, etc.
- Fixed an issue where shining soil disappears after returning to their own island after a dream and buried Bells appear in that location instead.
- Fixed an issue where the player swings their shovel through the air when attempting to hit a rock placed at a certain location.
Texture and icon for the Sumo Ring have been removed, making the flooring appear glitched when placed in a house and invisible in the player's storage.
1.5.0 - Fall Update
Released on September 30, 2020.
- A new event, Halloween, was added with Jack being introduced as the host. The event takes place on October 31 from 5 PM to 12 AM.
- Candy, which can be purchased from Nook's Cranny in October and given to villagers on Halloween, was added.
- Pumpkins can now be grown, which can be used for DIY recipes. There are four different types and pumpkin starts can be purchased from Nook's Cranny or Leif.
- Four new eye and skin colors were added.
- Two Reactions, Haunt and Scare, were also added.
- A Ring Con furniture item was given to the player upon downloading the update.
- Players are now able to view a list of dreams they have previously visited.
Released on October 8, 2020
- Fixed an issue where some title keywords obtained via Nook Miles would not appear within the Passport.
- Fixed an issue where certain messages would display in English for users playing in French, Spanish, German, Italian, Dutch, or Russian.
- Fixed an issue where animal residents would talk about pumpkins when given a bamboo shoot.
- Fixed an issue where it was no longer possible to jump over a river based on the location of certain furniture.
1.6.0 - Winter Update
- New seasonal events, Turkey Day and Toy Day, were added, along with Franklin and Jingle.
- Nine new Reactions—Sit Down, Wave Goodbye, Take a Picture, Sniff Sniff, Work Out, Yoga, Here You Go, Excited, and Ta-da—were added.
- Players are now able to visit random dream destinations by selecting the "Surprise Me" option.
- Six new hairstyles were added.
- An option to expand the player's home storage from 1,600 to 2,400 items was added. Players can now visit Resident Services to request increased storage capacity.
- Support for Save Data Transfer, which allows island save data or a single player's save data to be transferred to another Nintendo Switch, was added.
- Four new seasonal items will be available from Nook Shopping in December—two in the Northern Hemisphere and two in the Southern Hemisphere.
The following content has also been added:
- Additional Nook Miles redemption items.
- Additional limited-time seasonal items from Nook Shopping.
- Additional DIY recipes that use seasonal materials.
- Additional Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp collaboration item.
- New Year's-themed items will be added.
- The NookLink mobile app will allow players to view their catalog.
- The following items have been added:
- 2021 Celebratory Arch
- Aurora Wall
- Cozy Turkey Day DIY
- Dinosaur Toy
- Falling-Snow Wall
- Festive Rug
- Festive Wrapping Paper
- Festive Wreath
- Gift Pile
- Hip Reaction Collection
- Jingle's Photo
- Kids' tent
- Magic Bag
- Mini Circuit
- New Year's Noodles
- New Year's Shimekazari
- Olivier Salad
- Pocket Camp phone case
- Pop-Up Book
- Puppy plushie
- RC Helicopter
- Reindeer Costume
- Reindeer Hat
- Santa Beard
- Santa Coat
- Santa Hat
- Santa Pants
- Set of Stockings
- Someone's Gift
- Sparkling Cider
- Summer-Shell Rug
- Sunflower Rug
- Tin Robot
- Top 6 Stylish Hairstyles
- Toy Day Sleigh
- Toy Day Stockings
- Transfer Kit
- Turkey Day Casserole
- Turkey Day Chair
- Turkey Day Decorations
- Turkey Day Flooring
- Turkey Day Garden Stand
- Turkey Day Hearth
- Turkey Day Rug
- Turkey Day Table
- Turkey Day Table Setting
- Turkey Day Wall
- Turkey Day Wheat Decor
- Twelve-Grape Dish
- Yule log
- Yut Nori
- Zodiac Ox figurine
- Other adjustments and corrections in order to improve the game play experience.
These versions have been announced officially, but they are yet to arrive in the future.
- Update will feature Pavé, details forthcoming.
Super Mario 35th Anniversary Event
In March of 2021, Super Mario themed furniture will be added to the game.
Versions can have an appended letter to their version number. These will only be applied if the player has an active internet connection while the player's date is synced with Nintendo Servers, and display alongside the version installed on the title screen (for example, 1.6.0 a).
- These letters represent event triggers that apply for a limited time.
- These aren't installed by the Nintendo Switch system software. Rather, they are automatically applied when the game is started via the conditions explained above. This means that the software info menu will show the version of the game without the letter.
- These seem to stay on the screen after an event finishes and only go away once a new update gets released while there is no event active.