“We’re gonna be the bestest friends that ever friended, bloop!”
― Zucker, New Horizons
Zucker (タコヤ, Takoya?) is a lazy octopus villager who first appeared in New Leaf. His English, Dutch, and Russian name comes from "sucker," referring to the suction cups cephalopods have on their arms, and is also German for "sugar," likely in reference to his food-like appearance. His Japanese name and general appearance refers to the Japanese snack takoyaki (たこ焼き), which is a fried ball of dough commonly filled with minced octopus. His catchphrase is a reference to how he is an underwater animal. He has the same initial phrase as Bertha. He has the nature hobby.
Zucker represents the Japanese snack takoyaki, with a bamboo toothpick stuck in his head. His head resembles a takoyaki ball with his green freckles resembling seasonings put on takoyaki, and his "hair" representing a sauce that is usually served with takoyaki. His body is a similar shade of red as Octavian's. He initially wears the Flan Tank (Happi Tee in New Horizons). Zucker, Ketchup, Frita, Carrot, Tangy, Chadder, and Merengue are all villagers that resemble food.
|Below is a brief description of the lazy personality. For more information, click here.|
As a lazy villager, Zucker will be friendly and easy to get along with due to his laid back lifestyle. Like all lazy villagers, he has a love of food and relaxing. He will enjoy partaking in the usual hobbies, usually for relaxing reasons or for food, like when fishing. Zucker will get along well with other villagers, but may offend or confuse jock villagers, who have a lifestyle of exercise and fitness, which conflicts with the lazy lifestyle of relaxing and food. He will get along with other lazy villagers with whom he will talk about food, comics, or superheroes. He will also get along well with normal, peppy, smug and sisterly villagers, and occasionally cranky villagers, but may from time to time annoy snooty villagers, who disagree with the lazy lifestyle.
In New Leaf, Zucker has two sushi-conveyor belts in the center of his home, making his house resemble a Conveyor Belt Sushi Bar, a form of sushi restaurant commonly found in Japan. He has a trash can and a barrel in the bottom left corner of his home, as well as a turntable on the right that plays Spring Blossoms, despite it being a secret song.
In New Horizons, Zucker's house resembles an outdoor vendor, referencing how takoyaki is associated with yatai street food stalls. He has an ocean-themed stall with a cutting board and a steamer-basket set on top. Next to the stall, he has a blue cotton candy machine. Behind, he has a table with a gray stand mixer. He also has an orange box, pear box, red outdoor generator, and log bench surrounding the stall. For wallpaper, he uses the Chain-Link Fence, and for flooring, he uses the Backyard Lawn. The wallpaper and flooring make him look like he is selling outdoors in a city.
|New Leaf (interior)||New Leaf (exterior)|
|New Horizons (interior)||New Horizons (exterior)|
Zucker was added to Pocket Camp in the November 24, 2020 update.
Zucker's preferred theme is civic, and he primarily gives paper as a reward. His profile reads:
- ❝ Zucker's not sure whether he likes puddings better when they're nice and firm or still warm and wobbly. It's a nice problem to have though, isn't it? Win-win.❞
Campsite Invitation Requirements
Friendship Level: 0
- At level 7 friendship, he will reward the player with a flan tank and sparkle stones (x1).
- At level 9, he will reward the player with sparkle stones (x1).
- At level 15, he will request the player to craft a minifridge.
- At level 20, he will reward the player with a picture of Zucker and sparkle stones (x1).
- At level 25, he will reward the player with sparkle stones (x1).
- At level 30, he will reward the player with sparkle stones (x1).
- At level 35, he will reward the player with sparkle stones (x1).
- At level 40, he will reward the player with sparkle stones (x1).
- At level 45, he will reward the player with sparkle stones (x1).
- At level 50, he will reward the player with sparkle stones (x1).
- At level 55, he will reward the player with sparkle stones (x1).
- At level 60, he will reward the player with sparkle stones (x1).
- He is the third octopus to appear in the series, alongside Marina and Octavian and preceding Inkwell.
- He shares his catchphrase with another villager, Bertha.
- If he is sad or ill, his eyes turn into blotchy paint-splatter shapes with three white dots in each.
- He shares his birthday with Pete, the mail deliveryman.
- He along Al, Benedict, Candi, Cyrano, Friga, Peaches, Rooney, and Soleil were introduced into Pocket Camp on November 24th, 2020.
- He is the last villager in alphabetical order as of New Horizons.
In other languages
|Lazy Villagers (NH)|
Al · Alfonso · Anchovy · Barold · Beau · Benedict · Benjamin · Big Top · Biskit · Bob · Bones · Boomer · Broccolo · Chabwick · Chester · Claude · Clay · Clyde · Cole · Cranston · Cube · Deli · Derwin · Dizzy · Doc · Drago · Drake · Egbert · Elmer · Erik · Filbert · Hopkins · Hornsby · Hugh · JacobNA/JakeyPAL · Jeremiah · Joey · Lucky · Marcel · Marty · Moe · Nate · Ozzie · Paolo · Papi · Prince · Puck · Pudge · Punchy · Raddle · Rex · Rodeo · Sasha · Sherb · Simon · SporkNA/CracklePAL · Stitches · Stu · Tucker · Wade · Walker · Weber · Zucker